Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool should be all over Vrsaljko (although I feel like he winds up in Italy) and Gameiro if this is true.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yes, I'd like Vrsaljko as well for competition with Bellerin.

Vietto would take on a loan if they sell Alexis in Jan.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Southampton are kicking tires on Walcott. I'm sure Everton will also have interest. Wonder if we can get a bidding war there.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
L.Martinez to Atleti had his medical and the move will be complete in June.

Unless they gonna loan him out I can't see him getting much playing time with Diego Costa, Griezmann and Gameiro also there.

That's a fortune for Latin players.

Doubt he couldn't make more than that in Portugal, France or Russia. Pretty dumb choice regardless of money. MSL will offer no challenge for him.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Unless they gonna loan him out I can't see him getting much playing time with Diego Costa, Griezmann and Gameiro also there.

Doubt he couldn't make more than that in Portugal, France or Russia. Pretty dumb choice regardless of money. MSL will offer no challenge for him.

Are we talking 120k a week or year?

Cause in Europe you often hear salaries reported by week, but in the US we're usually talking annual salary.

He will get over 500k per season if he's signed as a Designated Player. But I would be shocked if he's getting 120k a week.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Cause in Europe you often hear salaries reported by week, but in the US we're usually talking annual salary.

He will get over 500k per season if he's signed as a Designated Player. But I would be shocked if he's getting 120k a week.

120k a week would make him one of the highest paid players in MLS.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Manuel Akanji. BVB's top transfer target in the winter. 22 year old CB from Switzerland.

Akanji comes in the winter, Subotic goes. Phase Sokratis out, and sell him in the summer. Bartra, Akanji, Zagadou, Toprak can be the four. RCB and LCB of Piszczek and Schmelzer, if need be. Toprak should get two seasons. If he can't pick up his level between now and this time next year, sell him, as well.

A Vrsaljko and Akanji winter window would work well, I think. Unload some bad players though. Subotic, Schurrle, Rode, Castro, Sokratis, Piszczek, Sahin. We could also bring in next year's back up goalie in the winter. I wouldn't mind that, but that player can wait until the summer, unless there is a Buerki injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deficient Mode

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

probably it's monthly, 120k per year is way too little and per week too much

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Guilherme Arana to Sevilla confirmed. 11m euros for 80% of his rights. Best left back this season in Brazil, only 20 years old.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Vietto, Torres, Greizman and probably Gameiro/Gaitain are all leaving though. I don't like it just because of Someone's track record recently. Time should not be a probably for him though.

Yeah, stupid decision by the club, Tata,Barco, his agent and parents. Really f***ed this one up. I now no longer consider him to be Argentine best young talent. If he ever makes it to the NT I'll be shocked.

Also hilarious Ronaldo won the Balon D'or. LOL

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Vietto, Torres, Greizman and probably Gameiro/Gaitain are all leaving though. I don't like it just because of Someone's track record recently. Time should not be a probably for him though.

Yeah, stupid decision by the club, Tata,Barco, his agent and parents. Really ****ed this one up. I now no longer consider him to be Argentine best young talent. If he ever makes it to the NT I'll be shocked.

Why no topic on the biggest joke of the century?

Messi carried Barca on his back last season and single handily qualified Argentina to the WC.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Messi carried Barca on his back last season and single handily qualified Argentina to the WC.

*shrug*

Ronaldo's team won La Liga and the UCL and he was a big part of it. Sure you can say Messi was better (I'd probably agree) but biggest joke of the century is too far.

Reactions: Savant

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo

Yeah, stupid decision by the club, Tata,Barco, his agent and parents. Really ****ed this one up. I now no longer consider him to be Argentine best young talent. If he ever makes it to the NT I'll be shocked.

Now your hopes lie on the shoulders of Cristian Pavon :naughty:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
*shrug*

Ronaldo's team won La Liga and the UCL and he was a big part of it. Sure you can say Messi was better (I'd probably agree) but biggest joke of the century is too far.

He definitely doesn't deserve it but yeah biggest joke is stretching it. For instance, Chelsea winning a CL or ZZ winning anything are much bigger.

Now your hopes lie on the shoulders of Cristian Pavon :naughty:

Meh, forwards will never be a concern. The issue lies with everything else. Trouble developing goalies, check, troubles developing CB check, troubles developing WB check, trouble developing midfielders check. Mix this with some terrible coaching and a shitty/broke AFA, it's a miracle this team can actually compete let alone be favourite at anything.

Long Live Lio I suppose. It will be some hard years without him. Italy like maybe?

Reactions: John Pedro

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Manuel Akanji. BVB's top transfer target in the winter. 22 year old CB from Switzerland.

Akanji comes in the winter, Subotic goes. Phase Sokratis out, and sell him in the summer. Bartra, Akanji, Zagadou, Toprak can be the four. RCB and LCB of Piszczek and Schmelzer, if need be. Toprak should get two seasons. If he can't pick up his level between now and this time next year, sell him, as well.

A Vrsaljko and Akanji winter window would work well, I think. Unload some bad players though. Subotic, Schurrle, Rode, Castro, Sokratis, Piszczek, Sahin. We could also bring in next year's back up goalie in the winter. I wouldn't mind that, but that player can wait until the summer, unless there is a Buerki injury.

Akanji is intriguing. Only seen a tiny bit of him play though. Now they just need to complete Free Shinji Part 2: Free Mkhi!

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I like Akanji, but Bamert is the more intriguing non-Elvedi young swiss-CB to me. He seems to have a lot more potential with the ball without conceding much physically to Akanji.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com

Messi's international play has, and always will, be a crutch. Complimenting him on qualifying for the WC is what it's gotten to.

He clearly is more effective, but that is ridiculous.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Messi's international play has, and always will, be a crutch. Complimenting him on qualifying for the WC is what it's gotten to.

He clearly is more effective, but that is ridiculous.

Well few years ago they re-did the voting because Ronaldo had just qualified Portugal by himself :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wait, we're actually questioning not only how many Ballon d'Or's Ronaldo, but if he deserves all of them? Seriously?

I am in no way a Ronaldo fan and I don't believe he was the best footballer last year, but he absolutely deserves all he's won with the exception of this won. He's definitely in Messi's class.

The trophy and the scoring system is completely rigged/not workin though. ****ing insane how Ronaldo and Messi both have won it a history setting five times, while Brasil Ronaldo won it only twice, Zidane only once, Kaka only once, Shevchenko once, and Ronaldinho only one ****ing time.

Bergkamp: 0
Henry: 0
Kinsmann: 0
Buffon: 0
Torres: 0

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No, he never should have won where they changed the rules only for him to win it.
That was the most scandalous one.
That season shouldn't have been Messi's either mind you but Ribery's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad