Post-Game Talk: Winter Is Here - Jets Win Game 3 (7-4)

None

Feb 22, 2012
Pass reception BTW is the most underrated skill in hockey IMO

One of the drills Joel Quenneville is known for doing after a bad game is bag skating the team and then doing a high tempo passing drill where until the passes are hard enough to his liking he'll continue screaming for players to pass harder. I remember hearing it compared to military bootcamp when they did it for something like 45 minutes straight.

And finally because of the embed limit on posts here's the Rinne slash that he called a "tap on the back":

Long video also includes Rinne's entire discussion with the referee and Chris Cuthbert commenting on the crowd noise.

Reactions: CH3NO2

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

All I will say is this -- we have a "stacked" right side defense with Buff, Trouba, and Myers--let's keep it that way.

If we lost Buff, Scheif, Helle or Myers -- I don't like our chances to go all the way. We need all these guys, and should be supporting them--I'm sure you'd agree.

Morrissey and Trouba are much more important to the team than Myers. They played against the Johansen line last night and owned them. Better than 60% of CF% and xGF%

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Morrissey and Trouba are much more important to the team than Myers. They played against the Johansen line last night and owned them. Better than 60% of CF% and xGF%
Losing Myers wouldn't or Chiarot would be far from a big deal. Poolman is quite competent, better IQ than Myers, less veteran magic dust that PoMo likes though.

We have enough depth to cover an injury or 2 to our bottom pair

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I just cannot agree with a post like this Aacco --we must be watching different games. I'd say Myers has a "very accurate" pass, and from the point --his slap shot almost "always" hits the net -- unlike some of our other D-man. This si why he's a great scoring defenseman--it's his accuracy.
To be fair--where Myers has a weakness, is sometimes in his own end he bobbles the puck, and loses control of it. Probably has to do with having such long arms -- similar to Laine. Myers is a guy that will be a "difference maker" and win us games-we need him.

Myers & Tanev are the worst passers on the team. What games are you watching? seriously

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Can we move on from Myers? GNP sees him as an elite D man (also stated Trouba was playing poorly to get traded) and a great passer...nuff said.

I think Stastny had his best game of the playoffs and continues ro impress me with his smarts.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Does anyone have the post game clip of Don Cherry where he's trying to **** on Laine, mispronouncing his name and such? Also talks about American players scoring etc. It was quite the embarrassing segment?
That was terrible. I know Cherry is a clown, but that segment made no sense.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Helle > Rinne. Great game. Enjoyed very much. Bring final game home for game six. Bracing for the pregame "finish him" gifs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad