Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres - January 1, 2018 @ Citi Field - 1pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Im losing my sh** right now.

So I signed up my daughter for the learn to play program. You get free equipment, head to toe, with bag that you can keep for 175$. Really a no brainer.

I have to go to the Rangers practice facility to get her fitted for it, which is gonna be cool.

So about 10 min ago I get an email from Junior Rangers saying that my daughter and a guardian have won 2 tickets to the winter classic!!! I had to register her for a whole winter classic "experience". Not sure what else it includes, maybe we'll get to skate on the second rink in center field?

I'm beyond happy right now, what an ealry X-mas gift.

I need to get a Graves winter classic jersey... anyone know the best spot to get one before the game?

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
looks like they cut the price on the upper 500 level seats behind home plate and up the first base lines.. they are 159 now before fees. still about 1000 seats left to sell from TM.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
From Tasch's IG:
bikcOug.png

a7WiLM6.png

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Dredging this up from a few weeks ago. Some of you might recall that I bought a Zuccarello WC jersey at the MSG team store, but it was REALLY poorly done (faux stitching but also misaligned numbers, peeling #s) and I didn't notice until I was back home, more than a few states away.

I realized that I still wanted a jersey but wanted to make sure it was done right -- i.e., by the on-ice customizer. Unfortunately, Arena Wear was not taking any new orders from individuals.

@dubidubidu did me a huge favor of taking a blank and a WC patch to the NHL store. He got it there on Dec 11th, and the completed jersey turned up at my door today, the 20th.

The sweater is done to team standard (well, aside from the fact that the "authentic" Adidas jerseys are made in Indonesia; though the numbering and lettering is perfect). I was also able to get the player I wanted.

Most WC jerseys I've seen have been sold without the patch, and those that have the patch used adhesive to apply it. This one is sewn on.

It's not 100% certain, but I think I may be able to make it to the Winter Classic, too!

Below are some photos of the work.

Thanks @dubidubidu! He's a big fan, super knowledgeable, and really helpful. Hope I was able to help you out a bit, too. ;-)

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

Last edited:

sabresfan3383

Dec 3, 2004
Tonawanda, NY
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but I didn't see a dedicated ticket sales thread like we have over on the Sabres board. I'm looking to move my pair of Winter Classic tix. Only looking for what I paid for them, which was $427.45 after the TM fees. They are aisle seats, section 140, row 18, next to the Home Run Apple in center field. If anyone is interested, lmk.

I have them in hand and would ship USPS Priority Mail. Thanks!!

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Not sure where else to put this, but people have asked some questions in the past about the new "authentic" Adidas jerseys vs the old ones -- Adizero (made in Indonesia) vs Reebok Edge 2.0 (Canadian-made). A quick look inside shows that the embroidery done at the factory is sub-par and not up to the Edge 2.0 standard (even the retail, not team-issued, ones).

This happens to be the Winter Classic jersey.

The customization work shown a few posts above has been done to a higher standard.

IMG_4073.jpg

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Got it, thanks.
For the Sabres it isn't a problem to have only 40 "real" home games? Or is this even better because of the ticket sales etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad