Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres - January 1, 2018 @ Citi Field - 1pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
McDonagh, Lundqvist and Zuccarello authentics are available at Lids.com and are 30% off. These should be all stitched but no WC patch. Comes to $164.50 with the discount.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
So I got a call from the NHL store Friday afternoon that my customized WC2018 jersey was ready for pick up. It was less than a week turn around time. I had purchased my jersey last Saturday (Dec 2) and was ready for pickup Friday (Dec 8). Really happy with the jersey and I got to wear it to the game today. :)

TO07rggl.jpg
r9jgxzIl.jpg
QczlAH7l.jpg
qitylTPl.jpg

If you want to see the larger images, they are posted here

Looks nice--really clean.

I'm still shaking my head that some of these have faux embroidered #s (esp for the (high) price).

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
McDonagh, Lundqvist and Zuccarello authentics are available at Lids.com and are 30% off. These should be all stitched but no WC patch. Comes to $164.50 with the discount.

Nice find. They say "fabric appliqué" (auto-correct added that accent!) in the description. I think that is sewn on/embroidered.

Be interesting to see how the C/A patches are handled. The one at the MSG store had a physically larger C/A shield sewn over the top of the "NY" shield, and the "NY" shield was visible underneath.

Wonder why they are not including the patch.

Great price, esp if sewn-on to proper standards.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Nice find. They say "fabric appliqué" (auto-correct added that accent!) in the description. I think that is sewn on/embroidered.

Be interesting to see how the C/A patches are handled. The one at the MSG store had a physically larger C/A shield sewn over the top of the "NY" shield, and the "NY" shield was visible underneath.

Wonder why they are not including the patch.

Great price, esp if sewn-on to proper standards.

I am going to assume (I know that is risky) that these are of the same source as supplied to Fanatics, NHLshop.com, etc. The McDonagh that I got from there has everything stitched. The C patch is a single patch, not over the N.Y. Zuccarello comes with just the N.Y. here. At that price I don’t think it is worth being picky. I would gather I could send it to Arena Wear at some point in the future and get and A oversewn if I really wanted.

I believe the only ones not sewn were the Black Friday rush jobs and NHL Store purchases. The NHL Store always heat presses in store purchases. MSG also heat presses custom jobs outside one of the team stores on the 100 level. I am guessing that is what was done for the Black Friday jerseys. No idea who they had oversew the C and A patches.

Reactions: ZiGOODejad

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I am going to assume (I know that is risky) that these are of the same source as supplied to Fanatics, NHLshop.com, etc. The McDonagh that I got from there has everything stitched. The C patch is a single patch, not over the N.Y. Zuccarello comes with just the N.Y. here. At that price I don’t think it is worth being picky. I would gather I could send it to Arena Wear at some point in the future and get and A oversewn if I really wanted.

I believe the only ones not sewn were the Black Friday rush jobs and NHL Store purchases. The NHL Store always heat presses in store purchases. MSG also heat presses custom jobs outside one of the team stores on the 100 level. I am guessing that is what was done for the Black Friday jerseys. No idea who they had oversew the C and A patches.

That’s what I’m thinking too which is why I just placed an order on the Henrik. Came out to just under $180 after tax. I’ll buy the patch separately and all said and done it should come out in the $200ish ballpark. I love Arena Wear but I just can’t justify spending an extra $100 or so for their customization if the nhl.com ones are already stitched.

Reactions: ZiGOODejad

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
That’s what I’m thinking too which is why I just placed an order on the Henrik. Came out to just under $180 after tax. I’ll buy the patch separately and all said and done it should come out in the $200ish ballpark. I love Arena Wear but I just can’t justify spending an extra $100 or so for their customization if the nhl.com ones are already stitched.
Not sure if it is significant, but elsewhere on the site they say "Embroidered" vs the "Fabric Applique" on those WC customs.

FWIW, you could order a blank from Lids @ $133, then customize via ArenaWear which makes it ~$240 instead of $300. Better, but it can't touch that Lids deal if the quality is high.

Be curious to see how it looks when you've got it.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017

It's interesting, because I haven't seen anywhere online show a Zuccarello with the "A"; McDonagh jerseys have the "C" on every site. The MSG store had the "A", though. Wonder if that came from Arena Wear.

It's interesting that they were sewn--roughly so.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
any word on an open skate opportunity for STHs at Citi
Nope. Asked my rep again. His answer was that since this was not a home game, they have nothing to do with it. I told him I found that hard to believe since the Yankee Stadium games were not Rangers home games, either. He didn't respond.

I did hear Francesa having a contest giving away tickets to an open skate on Jan 2nd at Citi, but can't seem to find any info on it.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Programming reminder: Episode 1 of Road to the Winter Classic tomorrow night on NBCSN. Hope it's still Ray Donovan narrating.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I saw the show last night. The cameras followed around Nash and Shattenkirk. Nash said his 2 kids were born in Manhattan. They love living here but they know it’s not forever.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I saw the show last night. The cameras followed around Nash and Shattenkirk. Nash said his 2 kids were born in Manhattan. They love living here but they know it’s not forever.

Will have to catch on demand. It's unfortunate that this is a business, and from that point of view he has to go. He is a helluva good guy off the ice, and he has a sweet family. Maybe they'll keep an offseason home in Manhattan the way he does in Columbus.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Will have to catch on demand. It's unfortunate that this is a business, and from that point of view he has to go. He is a helluva good guy off the ice, and he has a sweet family. Maybe they'll keep an offseason home in Manhattan the way he does in Columbus.

It could also point to him signing for a lower AAV to stay in NY

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I'm sure he is already expecting to make less, much less. If he takes a hometown discount, I have no issue with him staying as a 3LW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad