Pre-Game Talk: Winter Classic: NY Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres - January 1, 2018 @ Citi Field - 1pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Wondering if anyone would be willing/able to do me a favor.

Just spoke with the NHL store. Apparently they placed a pro-active order with Arenawear to have a number of jerseys stitched with player names & the WC patch, including the player I was interested in. They may even arrive as early as today.

The manager of the store said (unfortunately for me) that their systems are not be able to take credit cards via phone or even a check mailed in (any check whatsoever). Therefore, I can't send in a blank for them to send to AW, buy a blank from them to be sent out, or buy one of the pre-customized ones.

The only option is to have someone go in there and make the purchase.

Anyone willing to do a huge favor for another fan? I'd be happy to do something to make it worth your time.

The manager of the store is willing to help but would need the name of that person so he can contact them when the jersey arrives.

If you call them again later today about this, I can check tomorrow if I get a break at some point. I have a pretty full day, but I work relatively close. I may end up returning mine for a named one with a patch if that's the case, anyway.

Let me know.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Just picked up the last blank with the shoulder patch. $205. Looks really nice. Pleasantly surprised that I am a 52 in these slimmer cut jerseys. Thank God for living a Keto lifestyle. I used to be a 56 in the Edge jerseys (although it was loose).

Did they have the patch for sale individually?

Trying to figure out the best way of going about this because as much as I like the jersey, $300+ is pretty steep when it’s not a true on ice jersey. If I could get a blank for much cheaper elsewhere along with locking down the patch, that’d be the best route for me.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Trying to figure out the best way of going about this because as much as I like the jersey, $300+ is pretty steep when it’s not a true on ice jersey. If I could get a blank for much cheaper elsewhere along with locking down the patch, that’d be the best route for me.

No, they were completely out of patches other than literally the one on that jersey.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
i believe it's their cost of the blank + AW customization + patch, so... $190 + $110 + $15 = $315.

Bought a blank for $170.00, patch for $12.00, and Arena Wear customization at $85.00+ tax & shipping.

I will sell my blank for $160.00 including the patch and free shipping to any one who is interested.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I absolutely love the Rangers as a team, but I hate them as an organization. People now won't be able to get their customized jersey before the Winter Classic.

Wonderful. Brilliant move by this organization, releasing the jersey with just 5 weeks to go. Absolutely brilliant.
I won't even spend money on this team at this point

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
If you call them again later today about this, I can check tomorrow if I get a break at some point. I have a pretty full day, but I work relatively close. I may end up returning mine for a named one with a patch if that's the case, anyway.

Let me know.

thanks. the manager was super nice but asked that i provide the contact information so that he could reach out to that person and save a step. i don't feel comfortable repeatedly calling him to ask 'are they there yet?'.

feel free to shoot me a PM and i can provide more details.

a new shipment of patches is on the way to the store w/ unknown delivery. patchcollection.com has them, too. i have one on the way to me tomorrow, but if someone is willing/able to help me out with the pre-customized one from the NHL store i can pass that patch along.

No, they were completely out of patches other than literally the one on that jersey.

re-stock on the way.

Bought a blank for $170.00, patch for $12.00, and Arena Wear customization at $85.00+ tax & shipping.

I will sell my blank for $160.00 including the patch and free shipping to any one who is interested.

you've mentioned this a few times. you might want to post the size when you add that, as someone swinging by may not dig to see that.

i'm guessing the issue may be that you are selling a 46.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Some pictures. Sorry, this is shit lighting and my current DSLR set-up isn't set up to be good in low-light. So this is the best I can do. And also only edited in Apple Photos.

vd0HsyS.jpg

O5ZAuzh.jpg

mYHWzIk.jpg

Ga2g3O1.jpg

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Some pictures. Sorry, this is **** lighting and my current DSLR set-up isn't set up to be good in low-light. So this is the best I can do. And also only edited in Apple Photos.
Thanks for posting. Was that a blank you purchased at the store? If so, is that a heat-transfer patch?

Wondering if the ones they sent to AW will include stitched patches, along with the stitched #s. IOW, I wonder if they applied the patches to the blanks before shipping them out.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Have they announced what side Rangers bench / Sabres bench will be?

Also a heads up for anyone trying to get a custom jersey via the NHL Store / Arena wear - NHL stores needs to get the order in by December 14 to have it customized in time for the game. Dropped off a jersey with them yesterday that I bought online and should be sent back from Arena Wear within two weeks.
Resolution on this is not-so-great, but I've come across several seating charts that show the Rangers bench on the 1st base side of the rink.

Any chance you'd drop off a jersey of mine if I overnight it to ya? ;-)

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Just picked up the last blank with the shoulder patch. $205. Looks really nice. Pleasantly surprised that I am a 52 in these slimmer cut jerseys. Thank God for living a Keto lifestyle. I used to be a 56 in the Edge jerseys (although it was loose).
Interesting. The 52s feel pretty similar across the board to me (Edge 1.0, Edge 2.0 and Adizero).

FWIW The MSG store pricing *included* tax ($279 store which included customization/heat transfer and patch). Not sure if that was the case at the NHL store.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Agreed.

I don't think it's normal practice for them to do this. Took me 3 days of trying to get to the Team Store and find out if I could make this return. When I finally got through I was told it was no problem, but actually getting through was ... challenging.

just following up here:
took a while to get the right contact path the MSG team store, but once i did they said it was no problem to send in the return. they processed it *immediately* upon receiving it without any hassle.

i wish i had the jersey, but given that it wasn't right i'm glad they at least resolved it quickly and easily.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
So, finally received my Adidas Winter Classic authentic that I ordered from NHL Shop pretty much the minute they went on sale on Black Friday. There is no shoulder patch, as expected, but as opposed to the jerseys sold at MSG and the NHL Store, everything is sewn on properly. Pretty pleased for a customized McDonagh for $187. Will just have to add the shoulder patch at some point.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
So, finally received my Adidas Winter Classic authentic that I ordered from NHL Shop pretty much the minute they went on sale on Black Friday. There is no shoulder patch, as expected, but as opposed to the jerseys sold at MSG and the NHL Store, everything is sewn on properly. Pretty pleased for a customized McDonagh for $187. Will just have to add the shoulder patch at some point.

Pics?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If you ordered individually through Ticketmaster you didn’t get the nice copies. Only plan holders did.

Why the f*** is that? That's just BS. f*** this shit.

Is there a way I can get the other copy somehow? What is the name of that type of ticket? I am flying across the ocean to see this game, and all I end up with as a souvenir is a ticketmaster stub? That's just sad.

Last edited:

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
So I got a call from the NHL store Friday afternoon that my customized WC2018 jersey was ready for pick up. It was less than a week turn around time. I had purchased my jersey last Saturday (Dec 2) and was ready for pickup Friday (Dec 8). Really happy with the jersey and I got to wear it to the game today. :)

TO07rggl.jpg
r9jgxzIl.jpg
QczlAH7l.jpg
qitylTPl.jpg

If you want to see the larger images, they are posted here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad