Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets select Croix Evingson #211 Overall

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not a fan. He turns 20 in a couple of months and his production is in a pretty inferior league.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
Right kind of pick in the 7th. You swing for grand slams on pitches one should never, ever even think about trying to put into play, on the off chance that maybe you get lucky beyond words.

Evingson and McKenzie fit the bill really well! I know nothing of either, but they both seem to have that, tiny outside potential to be interesting.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Not a fan. He turns 20 in a couple of months and his production is in a pretty inferior league.

That production in that league is pretty damn good though.

I'll hopefully be able to catch at least a couple of games of his next season, so I'll reserve judgment until then. I think it's the right kind of pick for this late in the draft though.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

Same league the Jets found Hellebuyck in, and he was 19 at the time. Croix went from 4 points in 15-16 to 52 points this year. Not a bad improvement, and he was also named NAHL Defenseman of the Year.

Big boy (6'5) and low risk...

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
After thinking about it I don't hate it. Seems to be trending steeply upward as a late bloomer.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Okay I'm sold. This is a great 7th round pick. Hats off to Jets scouting staff for taking Skyler and Croix.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Okay I'm sold. This is a great 7th round pick. Hats off to Jets scouting staff for taking Skyler and Croix.

Yup, these are the late round picks that you need to take. No issues here - swing for the fences.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
He took a very significant leap this season. From a less than mediocre season in 2015-16 to taking the Top Defenceman award and making the All-Star team in 2016-17.

He played Centre until the age of 12 when he switched to Defence to help his team. He also had a late growth spurt that delayed his development, but will help his game in the long run. He's a classic late bloomer. When you factor in his current size at 6'5" he suddenly looks like a good prospect in spite of his age. I think there's a lot of upside here. Cool name too!

Puck Hawerchuck

Jan 8, 2014
St Vital
Same league the Jets found Hellebuyck in, and he was 19 at the time. Croix went from 4 points in 15-16 to 52 points this year. Not a bad improvement, and he was also named NAHL Defenseman of the Year.

Big boy (6'5) and low risk...

He was their league defenceman of the year AFTER he went in the 7th round in their NAHL draft. Pretty darn good. Hopefully he keeps developing near same pace.

Well worth the flier IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->