Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets select Arvid Holm #167 Overall

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Anyone have a scouting report on him? All I know is he's a big boy from Sweden.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Great! we upgraded the backup goalie position. I knew Chevy would deliver. Can we mark him down for the show next season?

Just kidding. I have no idea who this kid is. I like the pattern of grabbing a goalie every draft.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
3N4fTZo.png

Big, plays well in big games maybe? I guess Evgeni Bogdanovich (Head European Scout) and Kjell Dahlin (European Amateur Scout) must have been high on him, but I have no idea why.

Such a weird pick. They usually get gems like Hellebuyck, Phillips, Comrie, and the latest, Berdin. I don't know about this guy.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Karlskrona appear to have been a bit of a punching bag in Superelit. On the other hand, I haven't seen the kid play at all, so I can't say if it's because of goaltending, or if goaltending suffered because of the play of the rest of the team.

Tootsmagoo

Apr 9, 2014
Winnipeg
Karlskrona appear to have been a bit of a punching bag in Superelit. On the other hand, I haven't seen the kid play at all, so I can't say if it's because of goaltending, or if goaltending suffered because of the play of the rest of the team.

He's perfect for the jets.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I have no expectations when it comes to drafting goalies. It's complete voodoo. If they drafted various animals out of the Assiniboine Park Zoo to tend net, I'd likely have the same reaction.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
From what I see from Youtube videos of goals against Karlskrona, it appears that their other goalie started a lot of games in the beginning of the season.

This might mean that Holm wrestled the starting position away from a 20 year old starter with seniority (who, from what I see in these highlights, kinda sucked), or that players scored nicer goals against Karlskrona's other goalie.:laugh:

Last edited:

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I've got a LiveArena subscription, I'll get a game or two of his and edit them. Maybe one regular season and one of those good playoff games.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I've got a LiveArena subscription, I'll get a game or two of his and edit them. Maybe one regular season and one of those good playoff games.

Great, thanks for doing this.:handclap:

Be great is he was a Khabibulin type pick.

Last edited:

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
I do like the token goalie pick but I also have trouble expressing my feelings. So I was very conflicted in voting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad