Recalled/Assigned: Winnipeg Jets recall Cormier and Klingberg from Ice Caps

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/article/jets-recall-cormier-klingberg/

"The Winnipeg Jets today announced they have recalled forwards Patrice Cormier and Carl Klingberg from the St. John’s IceCaps of the American Hockey League.

Cormier, 23, played in three games with the Jets during his last recall from Mar. 16-22/14. He has played in 54 games with the IceCaps this season earning 21 points (6G, 15A) and 89 penalty minutes. The Moncton, NB native has played in 46 career NHL games between Atlanta and Winnipeg for three career points (1G, 2A) and 18 career penalty minutes. He was originally drafted by the New Jersey Devils in the second round, 54th overall, in the 2008 NHL Draft.

Klingberg, 23, has played in 57 games with the IceCaps so far this season. In that time, the winger has recorded 36 points (19G, 17A) and 42 penalty minutes. He has played in seven career NHL games, between Atlanta and Winnipeg, where he has recorded four penalty minutes. He was originally drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in the second round, 34th overall, in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft."

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/article/jets-recall-cormier-klingberg/

"The Winnipeg Jets today announced they have recalled forwards Patrice Cormier and Carl Klingberg from the St. John’s IceCaps of the American Hockey League.

Cormier, 23, played in three games with the Jets during his last recall from Mar. 16-22/14. He has played in 54 games with the IceCaps this season earning 21 points (6G, 15A) and 89 penalty minutes. The Moncton, NB native has played in 46 career NHL games between Atlanta and Winnipeg for three career points (1G, 2A) and 18 career penalty minutes. He was originally drafted by the New Jersey Devils in the second round, 54th overall, in the 2008 NHL Draft.

Klingberg, 23, has played in 57 games with the IceCaps so far this season. In that time, the winger has recorded 36 points (19G, 17A) and 42 penalty minutes. He has played in seven career NHL games, between Atlanta and Winnipeg, where he has recorded four penalty minutes. He was originally drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in the second round, 34th overall, in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft."

Ouch, weak draft guys?:laugh:

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

only for us :(

actually i have no idea but i do find Klingberg fascinating. he was my "pet prospect" the first season.

It's odd though that he was ranked high, and was often scouted as having top six upside, but he never produced in a way that backed that up. Kind of a weird situation.

Anyways, i'm hoping he can make a good impression here and earn himself a contract and possibly a roster spot in the fall (provide dhe's magically developed). Cus he was pretty god awful last year.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I'm all for bringing these guys up and giving them a fair shot to see how or if they might fit into the big club going forward. Lets assume we are officially out of the playoffs now, so this is the time to do that.

Now if they've brought these guys to occupy a seat at the far end of the bench or to spend 2 mins or less of playing time on the 4th line, I won't be so impressed. Come on Mo, get with the program and truly assess what you got here -

PS:I don't mind tanking for a slightly higher draft pick either, so double the reason to try some new combos out there.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Let's see. Slater had a daughter last week. Ladd has a kid today. Stajan had a kid last week (who tragically died). 9 months ago, it was the off-season.

I guess we know what they were doing then. Congrats, Laddie.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Nope... pretty strong 2nd round actually. Here's some guys drafted after Klingberg in the second round. The ones bolded make me wanna cry :cry:

Jakob Silfverberg
Robin Lehner
Drew Shore
Alex Chiasson
Dimitry Orlov
Brandon Pirri
Tomas Tattar

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Nope... pretty strong 2nd round actually. Here's some guys drafted after Klingberg in the second round. The ones bolded make me wanna cry :cry:

Jakob Silfverberg
Robin Lehner
Drew Shore
Alex Chiasson
Dimitry Orlov
Brandon Pirri

Tomas Tattar

The only one that has value less then or equal to Klinger is Drew Shore.

Pirri and Orlov are both great players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad