Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Meh, it was bound to happen sooner or later. He could have easily just iced the puck but I guess he felt too comfortable leading 5-1 with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd.

Yeah his puck playing is a huge plus, just needs to pick his battles better. Almost got another assist in this game too but they ruled another player tipped it.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I was poo pooing the notion that the Jets could have gotten a 2nd instead of signing Stanley. I don't think that would have been an option.

I had no opinion either way....I was just adding process info with my limited knowledge of bona fide offers.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Logan Stanley has been mentioned in the last couple pages of this thread but no real appraisal on how he is doing as of late. Anyone can fill me in on how he is playing?

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Logan Stanley has been mentioned in the last couple pages of this thread but no real appraisal on how he is doing as of late. Anyone can fill me in on how he is playing?

His scoring pace has slowed drastically. He's got 8 points in his last 18 games (.44 points per game), which included a stretch of 5 in 15 (.33 points per game).

Prior to that he had 33 in 41 (.81 points per game).

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
His scoring pace has slowed drastically. He's got 8 points in his last 18 games (.44 points per game), which included a stretch of 5 in 15 (.33 points per game).

Prior to that he had 33 in 41 (.81 points per game).

Wonder why things have fallen off after a productive start? Seems like it coincided a bit with the timing of Barnaby being fired.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Am I missing something here? Where did I say anything about lowballing payers. I thought we were talking about Daultin Levielle and why he didn't accept his bona fide offer. IMO very few players do that because of a very low AHL salary level. Their agents try to negotiate more and normally do.

It's similar to QO's ....... how many players end up accepting those?

Doesn't the refusing of "bonafide offer" usually apply to a college player who refuses to sign to finish out his NCAA eligibility?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Doesn't the refusing of "bonafide offer" usually apply to a college player who refuses to sign to finish out his NCAA eligibility?

It applied to all players drafted in North America. Only players who are playing in leagues outside (predominantly Europe) do not need to be given a bona fide offer to retain their rights.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Pronman

C.J. Suess, C, Winnipeg
Suess is the leading scorer on one of the better teams in the country in Minnesota State. He’s not a high-end talent, but he’s a hard-working, two-way forward who goes to the tough areas, wins battles, can PK and has decent touch around the net. I’m not sure if he’s an NHL guy right away, but he can provide good depth to an organization if they need a fourth-line center at any point. I expect he signs with the Jets.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Pronman

C.J. Suess, C, Winnipeg
Suess is the leading scorer on one of the better teams in the country in Minnesota State. He’s not a high-end talent, but he’s a hard-working, two-way forward who goes to the tough areas, wins battles, can PK and has decent touch around the net. I’m not sure if he’s an NHL guy right away, but he can provide good depth to an organization if they need a fourth-line center at any point. I expect he signs with the Jets.

Hope he is right. Would compensate for the loss of Foley.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
We should find out about Suess shortly, since I think his team got eliminated this past weekend by Michigan Tech.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
We should find out about Suess shortly, since I think his team got eliminated this past weekend by Michigan Tech.

They lost the best of 3 in the 3rd game in OT .....last weekend n
Their conference semi final.

They will still be invited to the final 16 tourney. If they win both games 2 weekends from now they will play in the frozen 4 final on April 6/7 weekend.

If they lose 1 game on March 24/25 weekend regionals ....... He will be then be able to sign with the Jets for the last 2 weeks of the season.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

Not true. Winning your conference tournament does qualify you for the NCAA regionals. But the at large bids are filled solely by pair wise rankings. Minnesota State is safe

Rankings

IMG_0675.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad