Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
I agree with you about Roslovic. I think he's improved his ranking since draft day. Connor and Roslovic were a couple of very nice picks for the Jets.

the was a reason roslo was taken where he was when so many good dmen still on the board. I think jets really coveted him for good reason.

dabizz

Apr 15, 2014
Winnipeg
I have Connor about 7th right now

Mcdavid
Eichel
Werenski
Provorov
Marner
Aho

After this its a bit of mix. I like Connor anywhere 7th through 11th. It depends on what if you think getting 25 points in the NHL is better then being a top player in the AHL at 19.

I think what Connor did in the AHL during his stint bodes really well. Roslovic is up probably 11th to 15th right now too

I personally think Rantanen is bit overrated. He was force fed minutes on a bad team. I think Connor falls into that group with Rantanen,Beauvillier,Konecy and Zacha. Crouse is around there too.

I think this is the most reasonable assessment of Connor compared to his peers in this thread but in all honesty I still think it's too high. I believe that Connor will be a heck of a player but I don't see any argument that would lead me to have Connor ahead of any of those 5 guys. Rantanen I would put in that group as well as he far out produced Connor's d+2 AHL season in his D+1 season in the AHL.

I think that there's a pretty legitimate case to have Konecny, and Hanifin ahead of Connor right now as well as both of these guys have similar upside and have shown well in the NHL where Connor struggled for most of his time.

I would put Connor in the same tier as Zacha, Beuvillier, Branon Carlo, Chabot, Eriksson-Ek, Boeser, and Christian Fischer. Which would be the tier spanning 10-17

Connor has incredible upside and skill and he's a great prospect but I think that this discussion is overlooking the ridiculous amount of high end talent that was pumped out in his draft year.

Last edited:

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
I think this is the most reasonable assessment of Connor compared to his peers in this thread but in all honesty I still think it's too high. I believe that Connor will be a heck of a player but I don't see any argument that would lead me to have Connor ahead of any of those 5 guys. Rantanen I would put in that group as well as he far out produced Connor's d+2 AHL season in his D+1 season in the AHL.

I think that there's a pretty legitimate case to have Konecny, and Hanifin ahead of Connor right now as well as both of these guys have similar upside and have shown well in the NHL where Connor struggled for most of his time.

I would put Connor in the same tier as Zacha, Beuvillier, Branon Carlo, Chabot, Eriksson-Ek, Boeser, and Christian Fischer. Which would be the tier spanning 10-17

Connor has incredible upside and skill and he's a great prospect but I think that this discussion is overlooking the ridiculous amount of high end talent that was pumped out in his draft year.

nah i think you're just underselling how good connor actually is. he has a significantly higher ceiling than konecny and hanifin and he blows the rest of those guys you listed in the later tiers out of the water. even roslovic is better than the majority of those guys IMO

only guys ahead of KC are mcD, eichel, marner, Z/provorov

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So far it looks to be 4 very solid tiers of guys.

----------------- 1st
McD
----------------- 2nd
Eichel
Marner
Werenski
Provorov
Aho
----------------- 3rd
Rantanen
Hanifin
Zacha
Konecny
Beauvillier
----------------- 4th
Eriksson-Ek
Svechnikov
Connor
White
Boeser
Barzal
Strome
Chabot
Roslovic
-----------------

I think Connor is probably somewhere in the 4th tier. Which is the group of promising prospects that need to prove they belong in the NHL. There's probably a few more that deserve to be in that tier as well. Connor can work his way up no doubt but he needs to prove he can be a consistent contributor at the NHL level.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

----------------- 1st
McD
----------------- 2nd
Eichel
Marner
Werenski
Provorov
Aho
----------------- 3rd
Rantanen
Hanifin
Zacha
Konecny
Beauvillier
----------------- 4th
Eriksson-Ek
Svechnikov
Connor
White
Boeser
Barzal
Strome
Chabot
Roslovic
-----------------

I think Connor is probably somewhere in the 4th tier. Which is the group of promising prospects that need to prove they belong in the NHL. There's probably a few more that deserve to be in that tier as well. Connor can work his way up no doubt but he needs to prove he can be a consistent contributor at the NHL level.

Maybe I'm not aware of their accomplishments but what have most of those tier 3 guys done to deserve a tier over Connor?
Zacha
Konecny
Beauvillier

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Maybe I'm not aware of their accomplishments but what have most of those tier 3 guys done to deserve a tier over Connor?
Zacha
Konecny
Beauvillier

Been consistent players for their teams in the NHL. Most of them play on weak teams but Connor had issues sticking with us last year whereas those 3 managed to be solid players for their teams. Connor needs to prove he can stay in the NHL to get to the next tier IMO. He can do that this year and maybe beyond but all of these guys are expected to make strides as well.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
so now we're rating prospects on what they've done in the NHL so far? i was under the impression this was the wrong (or at least unpopular) ways of doing it even though i was rating our own prospects this way in the current rating threads. i had poolman/niku ahead of vesalainen, etc...

just because some guys are in the NHL already doesn't mean connor isn't a better player or has more upside. TBH connor was ready for NHL even though he was sent down. i've said this many times but it's true. maurice ****ed him around real good just as he was getting comfortable. the concussion didn't help things either...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

----------------- 1st
McD
----------------- 2nd
Eichel
Marner
Werenski
Provorov
Aho
----------------- 3rd
Rantanen
Hanifin
Zacha
Konecny
Beauvillier
----------------- 4th
Eriksson-Ek
Svechnikov
Connor
White
Boeser
Barzal
Strome
Chabot
Roslovic
-----------------

We will be making room in that second tier for Connor after this season and you can take that to the bank....I think 50 points in his rookie season will do it no? ;).

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
so now we're rating prospects on what they've done in the NHL so far? i was under the impression this was the wrong (or at least unpopular) ways of doing it even though i was rating our own prospects this way in the current rating threads. i had poolman/niku ahead of vesalainen, etc...

just because some guys are in the NHL already doesn't mean connor isn't a better player or has more upside. TBH connor was ready for NHL even though he was sent down. i've said this many times but it's true. maurice ****ed him around real good just as he was getting comfortable. the concussion didn't help things either...

You can rank purely on potential to. It's not like the guys in the tier with him have shown absolutely nothing or far less than Connor has. Most of them have put up points in the A or have been prolific Junior scorers like Strome. He hasn't really separated himself from them yet and I think it's pure homerism to assume he has based on what he's done so far.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We will be making room in that second tier for Connor after this season and you can take that to the bank....I think 50 points in his rookie season will do it no? ;).

I think he can get there to but all the guys in tiers 3 and 4 can get there as well. Such a deep class.

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
You can rank purely on potential to. It's not like the guys in the tier with him have shown absolutely nothing or far less than Connor has. Most of them have put up points in the A or have been prolific Junior scorers like Strome. He hasn't really separated himself from them yet and I think it's pure homerism to assume he has based on what he's done so far.

fair enough if you wanna use that criteria. connor should shoot way up real soon then

only one i'll disagree with is svechnikov since connor outproduced him in the A. also i think roslovic deserves to be ahead of some of the junior only guys since he's already performed well as a pro.

but if we're just going off potential i don't think it's homerism to put him right after werenski and provorov since his realistic upside is higher than everyone else's IMO

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Could Connor, Roslovic and perhaps other Jets who are in the AHL play in the olympics?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...ckey-canada-exhibition-games-russia-1.4211722

The NHL has decided to allow AHL players under two-way NHL contracts to compete in the Olympics under the condition they only be released for the Pyeongchang Games in February.

In a memo sent to the 31 NHL teams this week, the league outlined AHL players can be loaned to national teams for the 2018 Olympic Games. But these players only can be made available between Feb. 5-26, 2018. The Winter Olympics men's hockey tournament begins on Feb. 9 and concludes with the gold-medal final on Feb. 25.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Could Connor, Roslovic and perhaps other Jets who are in the AHL play in the olympics?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl...ckey-canada-exhibition-games-russia-1.4211722

The NHL has decided to allow AHL players under two-way NHL contracts to compete in the Olympics under the condition they only be released for the Pyeongchang Games in February.

In a memo sent to the 31 NHL teams this week, the league outlined AHL players can be loaned to national teams for the 2018 Olympic Games. But these players only can be made available between Feb. 5-26, 2018. The Winter Olympics men's hockey tournament begins on Feb. 9 and concludes with the gold-medal final on Feb. 25.

This doesn't seem that well thought out. Couldn't teams send their waiver exempt young stars to the AHL so that they could play? Allowing this to happen imo just creates more dysfunction. Does anyone know the waiver rules?

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015

need to start finding some over/under betting markets for these wild predictions. :)

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

Sequel to the World Cup's Team NA :laugh:

Tkachuk-McDavid-Marner
Beauvillier-Patrick-Reinhart
Ritchie-Dubois-Konecny
Perlini-Domi-HoSang

Morrissey-Montour
Nurse-Pulock
Sanheim-Benning

probably missed some guys (edit: why did I think Tkachuk was Canadian).

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
fair enough if you wanna use that criteria. connor should shoot way up real soon then

only one i'll disagree with is svechnikov since connor outproduced him in the A. also i think roslovic deserves to be ahead of some of the junior only guys since he's already performed well as a pro.

but if we're just going off potential i don't think it's homerism to put him right after werenski and provorov since his realistic upside is higher than everyone else's IMO

Svech was a massively important piece on a Calder cup winning team. I wouldn't discount the season he has based entirely on production.

He has to prove he can run with them for me to put him there. The major things seperating Roslovic and a few of the junior guys is the CHL agreement. This next year will be the most telling as more guys graduate to pro.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think he can get there to but all the guys in tiers 3 and 4 can get there as well. Such a deep class.

Yea and I am very comfortable with the "prove it" criteria being invoked. Connor is now at the point where Scheifele was when he entered his rookie season in the NHL so I have faith Connor will "show me" this season.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
need to start finding some over/under betting markets for these wild predictions. :)

I can dig that.

So far this off season I have predicted.

#1) Chevy would be active because "it is time now".

#2) We will have > 100 point season and be in the top 3 in our division.

#3) Connor will have a big rookie season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad