Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Stallard doesn't skate well enough to make the NHL. Gennaro doesn't, either.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well he has a better track record and he also got into a number of Moose playoff games this pasr season. I think the org likes him better.

Stallard outscored him by a bit this season and also outperformed him in the playoffs. McKenzie did get into 3 AHL playoff games vs none for Stallard. So maybe they do like him better, but why would they?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Stallard doesn't skate well enough to make the NHL. Gennaro doesn't, either.

Then the rest of their games must be that much better for them to have produced as well as they did with sub par skating. We always hear that skating can be improved with coaching and effort.

I don't expect any of these 3 to actually make it in the NHL but all have shown enough to justify giving them more of a chance. Maybe one of them surprises.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
There had to have been some character issues with him, because they released him from his ATO within two weeks of signing one.

That doesn't have to be related to character issues at all. He was cut from the roster before the playoffs started. When the Moose were eliminated, the Jets called up their taxi squad; Appleton, Robinson and Schilling were not called up. Don't think those three had character issues... it likely just means that the organization has moved on.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Stallard outscored him by a bit this season and also outperformed him in the playoffs. McKenzie did get into 3 AHL playoff games vs none for Stallard. So maybe they do like him better, but why would they?

He has two seasons of being a 40 goal and 85 point season stalled has one big year. That counts for something. McKenzie also plays with more of and edge.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He has two seasons of being a 40 goal and 85 point season stalled has one big year. That counts for something. McKenzie also plays with more of and edge.

Not enough difference there to justify giving a contract to one and not the other. McKenzie is also seriously small. Same height as Petan and 15 lbs lighter. He and Stallard are not identical players but they are pretty close to equal.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Not enough difference there to justify giving a contract to one and not the other. McKenzie is also seriously small. Same height as Petan and 15 lbs lighter. He and Stallard are not identical players but they are pretty close to equal.

Your free to that opinion, I disagree with it. We shall see what happens. They don't have to sign McKenzie for another season and can let him play another year in the dub if they choose to. He imo is a superior goal scorer and he scores goals in a way the Jets need some help in and that is being very good around the blue paint.

He also plays an in your face feisty game like Gallagher which is also something the org could use. He is a very different type of player.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Your free to that opinion, I disagree with it. We shall see what happens. They don't have to sign McKenzie for another season and can let him play another year in the dub if they choose to. He imo is a superior goal scorer and he scores goals in a way the Jets need some help in and that is being very good around the blue paint.

He also plays an in your face feisty game like Gallagher which is also something the org could use. He is a very different type of player.

Fair enough. :)

Maybe that additional year before the decision is forced will make a difference. :thumbu:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Samberg

kovacevic

Stanley

Green

Gawanke

Evingson

If two of those kids can hit I think we will be in good shape long term without allot of trading. I feel good about Samberg, ok about Kovacevic , but after that I think we get into the longer shot territory IMO. Still would like a trade to aquire Rasmus Andersson from Calgary for one of our forwards like Armia.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Samberg

kovacevic

Stanley

Green

Gawanke

Evingson

If two of those kids can hit I think we will be in good shape long term without allot of trading. I feel good about Samberg, ok about Kovacevic , but after that I think we get into the longer shot territory IMO. Still would like a trade to aquire Rasmus Andersson from Calgary for one of our forwards like Armia.
I think Samberg has a great chance to be a good top 4 D. One of the others seems likely to make it eventually.

Reactions: ps241

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Samberg

kovacevic

Stanley

Green

Gawanke

Evingson

Green is pretty solid if he can stay healthy.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Green is pretty solid if he can stay healthy.

The next few seasons with the Moose we may be integrating allot of our D prospects, I wonder what the plan will be for Green next season?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm guessing him and Stanley will both be on the Moose.

Makes sense and the following year I assume Samberg and Kovacevic will onboard if they keep progressing. Patience is so important remember how Morrissey crushed it in his draft + 1 season and was very good on the St Johns moose on their way to the Calder cup final. Then the following season he seemed to regress a bit in his draft + 2 although Drai exited, he had a great WJC, but he battled some injuries......as he entered the Moose full time in his D+3 I think many fans were questioning if he was going to be part of the future.....that year in Winnipeg on the Moose was so valuable. The slow cook on Josh seemed to yield perfect results.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yeah I don't think Nogier will ever be a full time NHLer at this point. He's having a hard enough time producing on the Moose.
He was injured. I don't think he'll ever be a point producer, but I think his potential is better than Chiarot's was at that stage.

I remember Garret suggesting that Nogier had some good underlying stats on a terrible junior team. Give him another 2-3 years and I think he has a chance. He's a very good skater, and if he learns to manage the puck under pressure he could become a lower end NHLer.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
He was injured. I don't think he'll ever be a point producer, but I think his potential is better than Chiarot's was at that stage.

I remember Garret suggesting that Nogier had some good underlying stats on a terrible junior team. Give him another 2-3 years and I think he has a chance. He's a very good skater, and if he learns to manage the puck under pressure he could become a lower end NHLer.

The Sask analytics guy said he had their best Corsi on the team in his draft year.
They were arguably the worst team in the league though, so it'd be like being the best player in Arizona haha.
We also don't know how much of that translates... or do we. *looks suspiciously around*

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

It doesn't have to always be boom or bust. There are players who are perfectly good but never have star quality.

Reactions: Whileee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->