Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread (Part XVI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Yup. I'd still call Kraskovsky a massive long shot though.

6th round picks are generally that. I still like his game mostly. We'll see. Particularly compared to other massive longshots like CJ Franklin, Matteos Gennaro, Matt Ustaski, Mason Appleton, Marcus Karlstrom.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
RE: Kraskovsky - happy to see him get a chance with a top level pro team. Now? Happy to see a lower round pick that has potential start to get more ice time than 5m per game.

Definite dark horse for me.

DK59

Nov 18, 2012
Still my favourite "dark horse" prospect candidate, though Niku is emerging in that category for me, too.

I also like them as well but the dark horse prospect I am rooting for the hardest is Poolman. I just really like his physical attributes and I am looking for him to emerge at UND this year as one of their best players.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I also like them as well but the dark horse prospect I am rooting for the hardest is Poolman. I just really like his physical attributes and I am looking for him to emerge at UND this year as one of their best players.

I like that choice, too. While Kraskovsky and Niku may fade away, I think Poolman is a real boom or bust prospect.

Though right now I'm leaning toward bust...

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Niku it is. Dark horses are best when they are standing in the light of the shiny new toy.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
What about Spacek?

Okay he's not late enough, but he's one of the highest 17-year-old Czech scorers in a loooong while.

Garret's boost of the day.

I really liked Spacek at the development camp and the beginning of training camp. He is already able to process the game at a very high tempo, and he has good quickness and seems to be quite solid on his skates.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
What about Spacek?

Okay he's not late enough, but he's one of the highest 17-year-old Czech scorers in a loooong while.

Considering both where he was drafted and where you Nation Network lot had him at the end of June, I don't consider him much of a dark horse at all. More of a medium-shot. Maybe that's not fair to him, though.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Considering both where he was drafted and where you Nation Network lot had him at the end of June, I don't consider him much of a dark horse at all. More of a medium-shot. Maybe that's not fair to him, though.

As a 4th round pick he is very much a long shot. If he has a chance of making it he is a dark horse. How many 4th rounders make the NHL?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
What about Spacek?

I mentioned this during the Penticton tournament: Spacek is my new favorite darkhorse prospect as it used to be Kosmachuk but I'm starting to think he won't make it or at least not as soon as hoped from my POV. In like: Spacek takes over the crown of "GJF's new darkhorse prospect" :laugh:

'edit'

As a 4th round pick he is very much a long shot. If he has a chance of making it he is a dark horse. How many 4th rounders make the NHL?

You have to say he wouldn't be a 4th round pick in most other draft years, though. The 2015 draft really was as deep as everyone announced it to be. A player like Spacek would probably be a late 2nd/early 3 round pick in most drafts.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Eric Comrie's new mask is a tribute to former Jets goalie Bob Essensa.

95Y94DA.jpg

http://s7200.storage.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.com/3337200/t/HGr1BUQWU0eO0p5JYS64.jpg

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Eric Comrie's new mask is a tribute to former Jets goalie Bob Essensa.

95Y94DA.jpg

http://s7200.storage.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.com/3337200/t/HGr1BUQWU0eO0p5JYS64.jpg

I somehow don't like it. Looks off to me. I think it's mostly the big plane on the lower half on both sides, I think it takes up too much space and the silver shiny look isn't my thing. I really like Essensa's mask though. Especially back at the time I'm sure it was an awesome looking mask.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I mentioned this during the Penticton tournament: Spacek is my new favorite darkhorse prospect as it used to be Kosmachuk but I'm starting to think he won't make it or at least not as soon as hoped from my POV. In like: Spacek takes over the crown of "GJF's new darkhorse prospect" :laugh:

'edit'

You have to say he wouldn't be a 4th round pick in most other draft years, though. The 2015 draft really was as deep as everyone announced it to be. A player like Spacek would probably be a late 2nd/early 3 round pick in most drafts.

It does look like this draft will turn out to be exceptional. Spacek and Niku are my new dark horse favourites too. I will not have them impugned by some internet guy claiming they are not dark horses! :):laugh:

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
What about Spacek?

From this draft spacek and niku are my ones to watch for sure.

If de Leo can be considered he's may favey from last year.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
From this draft spacek and niku are my ones to watch for sure.

If de Leo can be considered he's may favey from last year.

Chase is the only other pick (beyond Ehlers) that is worth a darn in that draft class.

Kraskovsky is a longshot and I need to see a lot more from Glover before I believe.

Wouldn't be shocked if no one else got an ELC.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Chase is the only other pick (beyond Ehlers) that is worth a darn in that draft class.

Kraskovsky is a longshot and I need to see a lot more from Glover before I believe.

Wouldn't be shocked if no one else got an ELC.

I tend to agree. Glover needs to do something this year to show that he's a legit prospect. I still think Kraskovsky could be a player. It'll be interesting to see him at the WJHC.

Nogier's a big and nice kid and he skates like the wind, but I have my doubts about his skill level and hockey sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad