Winnipeg Jets Defeat the Minnesota Wild 4 Games to 1 and Advance to the WCSF

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
minny.jpg

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Injuries happen. The Avs are giving the Preds everything they can handle without their best defenseman and without their first two goalies.

The injury excuse is over for the Wild, Jets had 6 regulars out of the lineup last night.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He was a good goaltender, but I felt that he wasn't ready for yesterday's game. If you're on the brink of elimination, you need to bring your "A" game, and I'm slightly disappointed he hasn't.
Jets figured out Dubnyk's weakness on his stick side early in the series and exploited it. I think Trouba's first goal last night exposed him again and rattled him a bit. There were also a couple of tips that would be very tough to stop.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
This is probably the most amazing part of watching this team, this year.

It must say a lot about either the systems used or the coaching specifically. Half the D injured or suspended right now, long periods without Trouba, Scheifele, etc during 5e year, and still their game never really changed.
Agree. Savvy Jets fans also realize that Lowry is a really key player for the Jets. His line (usually with Copp) just obliterates other teams' top lines allowing the Jets' other three lines to do the damage. Lowry's line has also been adding secondary scoring, which just adds to the challenge for opponents.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It only took playing Minnesota without Suter and Parise to do it.
Jets were missing 3 of their top 6 D and two top 6 forwards last night, and stomped them. Suter is great, but the Jets are better even if he's in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad