Winnipeg Jets Defeat the Minnesota Wild 4 Games to 1 and Advance to the WCSF

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
I get the humor in it but it just reeks like desperation for attention, "look at me, I don't suck for once" kind of thing. Act like you've been there before kind of thing.

Nope, simply stating you can enjoy a round of golf now, because your season is over, so make sure to book your tee times.

Quite courteous when you think about it.

Nov 24, 2006
Congrats to the Jets and their fans. The next-man-up mentality on that team is impressive.

As for the Wild, they fared about as well as you'd expect.
This is probably the most amazing part of watching this team, this year.

It must say a lot about either the systems used or the coaching specifically. Half the D injured or suspended right now, long periods without Trouba, Scheifele, etc during 5e year, and still their game never really changed.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Round one victory with 10 playoff rookies on our team and riddled with injuries throughout the whole series. Love it

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
srsly you don't get over 100 points in this league by being a shitty team. we played poorly this series though.

edit: that said, most of the credit goes to WPG. Playing their best hockey while the Wild weren't, they look utterly dominant. probably my ideal of size, skill, and speed. Helly was phenomenal as well.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
He was a good goaltender, but I felt that he wasn't ready for yesterday's game. If you're on the brink of elimination, you need to bring your "A" game, and I'm slightly disappointed he hasn't.
If you're slightly disappointed with how Dubnyk performed, I wonder how furious you are at the rest of the team.

Three goals for in the four games they lost. None of them deserve anything close to a passing grade - except for Dubnyk.

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
L.A. and Anaheim were worse.
As much as I would like for it to be true, the VGK - LA series was far from lopsided. LA could've easily won two of those games had the bounces been in their favor and the series could've ended differently.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
If you're slightly disappointed with how Dubnyk performed, I wonder how furious you are at the rest of the team.

Three goals for in the four games they lost. None of them deserve anything close to a passing grade - except for Dubnyk.

Yes, but what can you do? Suter is out with an injury, and he munches ice time for the Wild. Staal is out with a concussion as well.

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
First series win for the city in a very long time. I’m soaking it all in. Including all the love from outside Winnipeg. Especially from our neighbors to the south.
Come on up and help us celebrate whiteout street parties against the Preds/Avs. Drinking age is lowere here.:).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad