Post-Game Talk: Winnipeg Jets at New York Rangers - March 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Has this been Zucc's worse year since the beginning of his career?

He said in a Norwegian interview after this game that his performance this year has been lackluster and he's been lacking energy due to outside factors (contract talks..)

He also says his season has just been ok, that he doubts that he's our next captain and that's it's nothing he thinks about too much

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It`s not an easy year since beginning of this season - too many who like to pass on this team. And the most creative players are somewhat forced to finish plays, because lack of scoring wingers and snipers like Kevin Shattenkirk from the blueline for instant.

It`s fine to say his season is lackluster, or other fan will say he has a down-year, or already started to regress based on the age topic. But he will be a different player on a line with a sniper who enjoy to finish plays and is good at that role.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Someone needs to Photoshop Henriks face on to wonder woman on the scene where she's got the shield and a billion bullets are coming at her...and instead of bullets it needs to be pucks...
20180307_093709.jpg

You can thank me later.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m rooting for games like last night. They played hard lost a tight game to the better team. Shots were 34-31.

I don’t want to see our kids or Hank have his doors blown off all month.

But I do want them to lose and I mean every night. I am happy when they score I hate to see them lose but it’s for their own good. We have got to force our way into the top 5 of this draft and get a bluechipper. Not a good prospect like Lias Andersson with all due respect.

We need a blue effing chipper.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I want to add something in regard to the tank. Some people said they didn’t want the “new core” being exposed to a “losing atmosphere” etc.

The truth is I’m not sure if a lot of the new guys are definitely part of the the “new core”.

I think a lot of them will either be packaged for something bigger or become peripheral to whatever the new system and dynamics are in the next few seasons.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
To be fair, missing your number one center is a massive impact on every team.

Not that this team is any good with Zibanejad in the lineup.

Thats true. Just thinking about the overall lack of depth. When Oscar Lindberg can step up a line, you’re better off than when the guy you’re calling on is David Desharnais. Even when it’s just Oscar Lindberg

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Thats true. Just thinking about the overall lack of depth. When Oscar Lindberg can step up a line, you’re better off than when the guy you’re calling on is David Desharnais. Even when it’s just Oscar Lindberg

Lindberg really isn't any better. 9 points in 57 games, negative in every analytic.

But your point remains. At least Andersson and Chytil are on the way and hopefully we'll be able to lock up Spooner and Namestnikov to good deals. That way, we'll have wingers moving over in case of injury, instead of centers moving up.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Lindberg really isn't any better. 9 points in 57 games, negative in every analytic.

But your point remains. At least Andersson and Chytil are on the way and hopefully we'll be able to lock up Spooner and Namestnikov to good deals. That way, we'll have wingers moving over in case of injury, instead of centers moving up.

I really don’t know wtf happened to Lindberg this year.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I really don’t know wtf happened to Lindberg this year.

I’ve always been a fan, but he’s struggling to take that next step in his evolution.

There are flashes of the player he could be - a nice third line center. But he’s struggled in his consistency and his ability to step up from a fourth line role.

He looks timid out there and it’s obvious his confidence is shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad