Winnipeg Jets 2017-18 Schedule

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
My only question: are we going to get hooped again on the schedule side? Last season was ridiculous.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Regardless...
Every year we get 82
Gotta win more than the other teams in our division.
Worry about what you can control.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Regardless...
Every year we get 82

So schedule plays no part in win/loss? Evenly spaced schedule that allows test and practice versus a sporadic schedule with games hand together followed by many days off are equal?

Disingenuous to claim that it's not possible to have a difficult schedule within an 82 game time period, IMO.

Personally, I just want the schedule excuse to go away.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The 5? days off they started getting this year also contributed to all the games squished together. It is only common sense to expect more injuries.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
So schedule plays no part in win/loss? Evenly spaced schedule that allows test and practice versus a sporadic schedule with games hand together followed by many days off are equal?

Disingenuous to claim that it's not possible to have a difficult schedule within an 82 game time period, IMO.

I do too.
Did the Jets make it difficult for NHL scheduling by making the rink hard to book for weekends because of the Moose ?
I sorta kinda recall something along those lines but that was many glasses of red wine ago

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Please, oh please, can we have some damn Saturday night HOME games this season? Particularly in the first half of season.

Toomuts

Jun 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This. Weekend games please.

Weekend "night" games please!!

I think now with the moose last years schedule will be our norm, sad that the minor league team gets preference for weekend games because of the children, even though Jets tickets holder pay 5x more

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Here's an idea......let's start with the NHL schedule and build it out to be customer friendly then once that is done let the AHL fill in around it.

Last edited:

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Pre season........

-2 games vs. Edmonton
-2 games vs Minny
- 2 games vs Calgary
- 1 home game vs Ottawa

Same old same old........ same teams in pre season all the time.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Here's an idea......let's start with the NHL schedule and build it out to be customer friendly then nice that is done let the AHL fill in around it.

Agree with this as well. Carve out the best dates possible for the Jets and then open it up to the AHL affiliate.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
My only question: are we going to get hooped again on the schedule side? Last season was ridiculous.

At least there's no Heritage Classic to further compress the schedule this season. Bad timing to have that along​ with the World Cup of Hockey.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That is definitely question #1 , question #2 for me is when do the Jets play Vegas in Vegas so i can book my Vegas trip . :naughty:

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Hopefully with no WC it's a bit better, and i'd be overjoyed if for once we were the team with 2 or 3 games in hand instead of leading the league in GP seemingly every year.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Without the Olympics, the schedule should be better for the Jets next season.

Definitely need more Saturday Night games.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Regardless...
Every year we get 82

Schedules plays a huge part ... sometimes I thought it was fixed but the NHL has cleaned it up a bit now.

Those back to back games really are a difference maker. Not the team that plays the B2B but the team that gets to play a tied team. If 20-25% of the Jets home games the visiting team played in Minnesota the night before the Jets home record would be a lot better.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The NHL could improve their schedule and cut their travel costs by following some of baseball's practices.

Every time a team goes to a city, play 2 games. They could play 2 in 3 nights or they could go a step further. They could play 2 in 2 some substantial part of the time, even all the time. That would lead to more b2b games but neither team has the advantage of playing a tired team.

There would then be more days off between sets. There would be more practice time, less time on planes. It would be easier to schedule the 5 day break. Most games could be played on Sat & Sun.

Briscodog

May 2, 2016
The NHL could improve their schedule and cut their travel costs by following some of baseball's practices.

Every time a team goes to a city, play 2 games. They could play 2 in 3 nights or they could go a step further. They could play 2 in 2 some substantial part of the time, even all the time. That would lead to more b2b games but neither team has the advantage of playing a tired team.

There would then be more days off between sets. There would be more practice time, less time on planes. It would be easier to schedule the 5 day break. Most games could be played on Sat & Sun.

I completely agree with this.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Here's an idea......let's start with the NHL schedule and build it out to be customer friendly then once that is done let the AHL fill in around it.

I believe the NHL schedule always comes out before the AHL schedule. The Jets should always try to get as many Saurday night (not afternoon) games as possible because they provide for the best atmosphere. People are generally in a good mood knowing they can go out after the game and sleep in the next day. The Jets should avoid Sunday night games as it is usually quiet in the arena and makes those games less fun to be at. Perhaps people are in a somber mood to begin with since they may be thinking about starting another work week the next day on Monday.

:jets

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg

This makes sense to some degree and I know it was popular for the Moose in the AHL but I think the issue with this would be that all teams would want to see the biggest drawing teams come to town. It might not be as much of an issue for Canadian teams as we all sell out on a regular basis but how would Columbus feel about having Canadian teams coming in for a 2 game weekend when they would much prefer the Rangers or Penguins, etc. Also, it's nice being able to see every team in the league at least once during the season.

:jets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->