Winnipeg girls win right to play on boys' hockey team

KariyaIsGod*

What kind of guy LOSES a fight to a girl?

It's bad enough getting into one but LOSING???

That would definitely have doubled the abuse those dudes got afterward... :biglaugh:

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
This is a topic which I have very strong opinions on since I believe that girls should not be aloud to play boys hockey. When I first watched this article on T.V. to say the least I was in shock that any judge would rule in the favor of these two girls. Not only did he give them the right to try out for the male hockey team but he also awarded them “$3,500 in damages for injury to their dignity, feelings and self-respect." The girls then proceeded to bash female hockey.

The first problem that comes to my mind is the dressing room situation. Most of the higher quality teams have their own team dressing room. Where would the girls dress? Another problem that I see is teenage boys often behave very different in conversations and sexual behaviors in the dressing room and on the bus. Since hockey is a very team oriented game if I were the girls I would feel like an outcast because to be frank it would be extremely awkward.

With the new rule changes girls might be able to play more since there is less contact and physical strength needed and more quickness and agility but where do we draw the line on what is fair and what isn’t? If you want to merge boy’s hockey with girl’s hockey you will have to do it on all levels. The top players will play against the top players and the rest of the teams will be tired accordingly.

Girls will always get a seperate room. Sometimes I got the officals room, sometimes an extra dressing room. In a lot of newer rinks there are seperate, albeit, smaller dressing rooms for girls who play on guys's teams.
I never had a problem with being on the bus with guys, not on my ball team or hockey team. Sure there would be comments that I would ignore but at the same time I would say things that would make them turn about 6 shades of red. The door swings both ways.
There was never a problem with team chemistry just because I was a girl. On the bus there would be a bunch of guys that would play cards or video games or whatever and sometimes I'd play, sometimes I wouldn't.
The only difference was, when I fell asleep on the bus they wouldn't shave my eyebrows. ;)

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
What kind of guy LOSES a fight to a girl?

It's bad enough getting into one but LOSING???

That would definitely have doubled the abuse those dudes got afterward... :biglaugh:

To be fair to the guy I don't think he was a big fighter...and I had boxed for a couple of years when I fought him. That and being smaller has its advantages. Duck and fire.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
that and the fact that most guys wouldnt consider giving 100% against a girl. one of those double edged swords. Your a chump if she beats you or a total ******* if you beat the snot out of her..

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
that and the fact that most guys wouldnt consider giving 100% against a girl. one of those double edged swords. Your a chump if she beats you or a total ******* if you beat the snot out of her..

Bingo... and it doesn't matter how big or how strong she is.

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
My daughter was playing in a PeeWee game as a D-man. There was a little scrum around the goal and one of the defending players punched her in the mask after the play. A penalty was called for roughing and he was sent to the box. I almost felt sorry for the kid, I could hear his father screaming at the kid in the box from across the ice. He kept yelling at his son "Do you know you just punched a girl???".

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
My daughter was playing in a PeeWee game as a D-man. There was a little scrum around the goal and one of the defending players punched her in the mask after the play. A penalty was called for roughing and he was sent to the box. I almost felt sorry for the kid, I could hear his father screaming at the kid in the box from across the ice. He kept yelling at his son "Do you know you just punched a girl???".

I had that before, but then again I was a really cocky player (can still be when I want to be) and most parents would have a hayday if anything happened to either of the 2 girls on the team.

fism

May 5, 2004
Once I was playing against this team that had a girl on it. I got caught back in my zone so I was skating pretty hard to get back on the play. I look up and there's a player with the puck in the slot, so I just crush what turned out to be a her. My best hit ever, and it was a girl.:help:

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
One of my Favorite teams was an indoor ball hockey team. Two of the defense were Stripers from a local adult club. Damn, but it was hard to focus on the puck when their line was out. Ice it isnt such a big deal with the gear and all but these chics playing ball hockey....OMG.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad