GDT: Winnipeg @ Calgary: Sept 30th 7:00 PM MT (NOT on TV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Looking likely like we're gonna run with Versteeg-Bennett-Brouwer to start the regular season then :(

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Why Bartowski? Dammit we better make a waiver claim.

Also I’d like to see Lazar tried with Bennett over Brouwer. I feel like he would be a way better fit.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Just for fun, here are the Flames' lines tonight, illustrated:

JYGWDYO.png
nKwlqAv.png
e2nvCm4.png

pjRHzGW.png
WicyPrl.png
Q6D52Ks.png

szInZ2q.png
T4Nn2tI.png
V0Hebu1.png

BsGpt3G.png
ioTqi5n.png
xdek2He.png

fe5C0uG.png
CsTJhnk.png

6S02k9s.png
D2xyPgd.png

frmexlM.png
1t5rnze.png

gv1alwS.png

dpuCtDx.png

Reactions: Wish You Were Here

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Looking likely like we're gonna run with Versteeg-Bennett-Brouwer to start the regular season then :(
How about we see what they can do when they are all healthy before we complain about it? As has been pointed out many time, before Brouwer's hand injury, he and Bennett actually had pretty solid numbers. I noticed afterwards when Versteeg joined the line that Bennett and Versteeg would drive the play to the left side of the ice, I think this was because Brouwer's hand wasn't healthy.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think the Flames get beat, hope I’m wrong but I saw nothing last game to suggest otherwise. Their PP against our PK is a recipe for a loss.

Meth I hope you’re right. But I’m not overly optimistic. Honestly I think Brouwer is best suited to play Backs and Frolik, and move Fro to LW. And Tkachuk with Bennett.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I don't disagree however...they know what they have in the 1st and 2nd lines...I still think that this training camp for the forwards should have been seeing if some combination of these forward pairs would provide more depth and challenges for opposing teams to defend.
Gaudreau/Bennett or Monahan/X
Tkachuk/Bennett or Monahan/X
X/Backlund/Frolik

They had the opportunity and yet they did not even explore it in a game with all 6 playing. I know how strong the 3M line was however assuming they keep Gaudreau/Monahan together there is a good chance that pulling Tkachuk off the line replacing him with Jankowski/Versteeg would not significantly reduce the offence or defensive game they provide but giving Bennett a high skill winger like Tkachuk could significantly improve the impact of the 3rd line. It would also allow them to completely limit the 4th line minutes to the 5 to 8 min per game much like they plan on doing to the 3rd D pairing

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
So disappointing to the Brouwer-Bennett combo again.

I think the "injury" is such a weak excuse for Brouwer as there was a lot more wrong with his game than an injured hand would have caused.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Considering how our last game against Winnipeg went, and this preseason in general, I'm not too shook up about missing this one.

As for Brouwer, I want to give him every benefit of the doubt but from what I've seen so far and heard from other people there's little reason to expect him to do better than last year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
For a coach obsessed with shot balance, he sure loves putting Versteeg on his weaker wing.
You keep spouting this garbage, he likes "shot balance" on the blueline for defensive reasons. Forwards he doesn't care nearly as much. It's really not that difficult to grasp.

Reactions: Skobel24

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Time to see how much they can flip the intensity switch after that kick in the ass Gulutzan would've given them in practice the last couple days.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Jankowski should be in the NHL. Also get the feeling Glass might get a contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad