Winning goal for Ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Mephisto said:
What are his stats like so far?

He has 4 points (2+2) in five games. He is the top scorer of his team ( Dynamo) and fourth overall in the league. It must be known that there are less goals scored in Russian Superleague than in NA!

The season is just beginning. We will see if he can keep the pace.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
paul99 said:
He has 4 points (2+2) in five games. He is the top scorer of his team ( Dynamo) and fourth overall in the league. It must be known that there are less goals scored in Russian Superleague than in NA!

The season is just beginning. We will see if he can keep the pace.

Thats mighty impressive.

Has there ever been a draft eligible player leading the RSL in scoring?

#37-#93-#27*

monster_bertuzzi said:
Ovechkin is 18, Crosby is only 16.
Ovechkin playing in a man's league, Crosby only in juniors

(significance behind their stat difference)

Bud The Spud*

I can't imagine wanting to tank this season just to get one player :dunno:

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
Brock said:
Thats mighty impressive.

Has there ever been a draft eligible player leading the RSL in scoring?

I don't think so but can't affirm it. The only one who probably could have had a chance to do so was Alexander Maltsev at the end of the 60's in USSR era.

When Kovalchuk played his last year in Russia in 00/01, it was for Moscow Spartak which at that time was not in the Russian Super League but in the High League ( first division), the second professionnal league in Russia, equivalent of AHL for NHL if you want a ( bad ) kind of comparison. Kovalchuk recorded 25 goals and 43 points in 39 games, which was very very good for a 17 years old player... or any other player. But don't compare Kovalchuk ( an elegant russian type player) to Ovechkin ( a pure sniper and physical player, a Cam Neely type).

After 5 games, Ovechkin has no been selected 3 times amoung the post game 3 stars: one the first one and twice the third star.

Cyclops II*

Bud The Spud said:

It could rurn out to be a brilliant move. If a team has no chance to win the Cup they would be smart to ensure they finish last. Assuming they don't lose the lottery they could end up with Ovechkin AND Crosby if the strike goes for the whole 04-05 season.

JasonMacIsaac

If the strike last the full season then they should a random draft for 2005. Every team has a fair shot at the #1 pick.

#37-#93-#27*

Bud The Spud said:
Pittsburgh did it to get Lemieux and last year

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
CSKA said:
:yo: Ovechkin is the man :bow:

Crosby is the man... :yo: :bow:

So far, both Crosby and Ovechkin are living up the billing...

Crosby player of the week a a ROOKIE 16 yr old.. (last month he turned 16th).. So he is a very young 16 yr old...

This year Alex, next year Sidney... hard choice to choose..

I going to say Sid, cause i know him a little bit much.... it's easier to compare stats in junior than in europe..

In russia, sometime, you got a GREAT GREAT player and he scored no goal in the season....

#37-#93-#27*

SpezNc said:
Crosby is the man... :yo: :bow:

So far, both Crosby and Ovechkin are living up the billing...

Crosby player of the week a a ROOKIE 16 yr old.. (last month he turned 16th).. So he is a very young 16 yr old...

This year Alex, next year Sidney... hard choice to choose..

I going to say Sid, cause i know him a little bit much.... it's easier to compare stats in junior than in europe..

In russia, sometime, you got a GREAT GREAT player and he scored no goal in the season....
except Ovechkin has scored, so what does that say about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->