Confirmed with Link: Wings sign KADEN FULCHER to 3-Year ELC

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Does anyone know what is going on with this guy? I'm not surprised that he hasn't played in the NHL, but he hasnt even gotten on the ice in the AHL yet. Is he hurt?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Does anyone know what is going on with this guy? I'm not surprised that he hasn't played in the NHL, but he hasnt even gotten on the ice in the AHL yet. Is he hurt?

Would be playing at Toledo, if ECHL season would exist.

Think Fulcher's only job is to fullfill expansion draft needs as the RFA goalie left exposed.

Reactions: ShelbyZ and kliq

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
I guess I’m just surprised they aren’t even giving him a game at the AHL level. Though if he’s a lost cause, I guess it is what it is.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Would be playing at Toledo, if ECHL season would exist.

Think Fulcher's only job is to fullfill expansion draft needs as the RFA goalie left exposed.

Pretty much that at this point. Basically a warm body for the Wings and GR.

If Toledo were playing this season, he'd probably be backing up or rotating with that Billy Christopolous guy.

Kind of a tough break for the kid. IIRC, he missed most of last year with an injury and then kind of got lost in the shuffle with Christopolous running away with the Walleye starting job after Nagle moved up to GR and Toledo was also trying to give some starts to Larsson before the season got cut short. Missing another whole season probably isn't going to do Fulcher's development any favors.

Then again, Fulcher fits in that "undrafted goalie with some longshot upside that at least gives you some organizational depth for your AHL and ECHL clubs" in the vein of Jordan Pierce and Jared Coreau/etc. so it isn't like the Wings are losing out on some highly touted prospect (like they have with Larsson it seems).

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Red Wings goaltending depth next season. Fulcher and Larsson will still be in the mix, while Brattstrom probably moves to NA and Petruzelli moves up to the pros. I also have to imagine that Yzerman would still look to have an experienced starter in GR and as the Wings #3. On top of that, Pat Nagle could also still be in the mix for GR and Toledo as he continues to be best option on the farm, despite not being Red Wings property....

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->