Confirmed with Link: Wings sign Jordan Oesterle (2 years @ 1.35m AAV)

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
When healthy, D probably looks something like:

Leddy - Hronek
Staal - Seider
DeKeyser/Oesterle - Stecher
(Oesterle/DeKeyser - Lindstrom)

Oesterle was kind of a Swiss Army Knife for the Yotes. Actually spent more time playing his off side on the right, and saw minutes on the PP and PK as well.
Funny how everyone continues to put Lindstrom below Stecher on the depth chart despite the fact that he got protected in the expansion draft.

DDK/Lindstrom on the bottom pair with Oesterle and Stecher as 7/8D. Between DDK's back and Seider being a rookie, I would not be surprised at all when Blash runs 7D again.

At least there are no AHLer's on D anymore, everyone is at least legit bottom end NHL level.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
If anything, he's a solid upgrade over all the other bit parts at LD that left this offseason - Cholowski, Djoos and Biega.

I see Stecher traded. Less usage on special teams than any of our other defencemen.

While I doubt they move any dmen until around the deadline, I do agree that Stecher is probably the most expendable. As the season went on they took him off the PK and gave him a more offensively sheltered deployment at 5v5. That's also the ideal deployment for Seider starting out in the NHL as they ease him into taking on defensive assignments and PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad