Confirmed with Link: Wings sign (D) Libor Sulak

Babula

May 31, 2012
yup. watched him. very good skater anyway. liiga is good option for him. he seems to be late boomer or kind of interest.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Probably not an easier top 6 to crack in the NHL. I'm sure he will compete for a spot at camp, if he doesn't take someone's job then maybe he goes to Finland.

I like picking up UDFA Euro's, I'm sure there is some decent talent out there that slipped through the cracks. Probably more depth players than anything, but guys you can get for cheap on ELC's that are young.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
No risk high reward. Like it

The red wings probably sent out a memo that we have the easiest D core to crack and got some hits.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Probably depth signing for GR when the D-Men down there move up next year.

"Depth defenseman" (AHL/NHL) has been mentioned several times on this thread. 'Depth' for any position other than wing on Detroit doesn't imply separation from most players rostered. Essentially, when talking about defense, it means every they slot in with every other defenseman not named Green.

Here's to hoping for a rabbit coming out of the hat. At any rate, it's a good move. No real risk, only reward.

Babula

May 31, 2012
"Depth defenseman" (AHL/NHL) has been mentioned several times on this thread. 'Depth' for any position other than wing on Detroit doesn't imply separation from most players rostered. Essentially, when talking about defense, it means every they slot in with every other defenseman not named Green.

Here's to hoping for a rabbit coming out of the hat. At any rate, it's a good move. No real risk, only reward.

thank you, man. true fan of Libor. greetings to Detroit, Grand Rapids and Toledo. :yo:

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

That's why I went with "probably". I have never seen him play, plus I don't know a whole lot about the competition he faces.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Probably not an easier top 6 to crack in the NHL. I'm sure he will compete for a spot at camp, if he doesn't take someone's job then maybe he goes to Finland.

I like picking up UDFA Euro's, I'm sure there is some decent talent out there that slipped through the cracks. Probably more depth players than anything, but guys you can get for cheap on ELC's that are young.

Colorado says hi. Easily worse than us. That defense makes us look decent.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Nope he wont be going to Grand Rapids, He either makes Detroit out of camp or goes back to Europe that's what Holland said.

Ansar Khan says : Sulak will attend Red Wings prospects camp in Traverse City in July. He likely will play in Finland next season for the Lahden Pelicans, with whom he has a contract, unless he makes the Red Wings roster. He won't play for the Grand Rapids Griffins this season.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

Wyzer Plan

May 11, 2011
I don't know, I'd take EJ & Barrie over DK & Green. But I agree the rest of that d core is ugly

Colorado at least has high end talent. We have Mike green who is past his prime, a broken kronwall and Ericsson (who wasn't anything more than a shoddy #4 when he isn't riddled with injuries) and some ahl plugs.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Are there any updates on him? From his highlights he looks very good. Fast, agile etc. I know Hronek and Cholo are next in line does he have a chance to make the Wings or is this Russo 2.0?

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
Are there any updates on him? From his highlights he looks very good. Fast, agile etc. I know Hronek and Cholo are next in line does he have a chance to make the Wings or is this Russo 2.0?
Compared to what he's up against in highlights, it looks nice. However, I wouldn't put much hope on a transition to the NHL.

He's quite solid against competition that is not near cracking an NHL roster. However, there is nothing that clearly sets him apart. And similar, relatively high-scoring defenders, have been aplenty in the past. I'd have rated Mikko Mäenpää or Janne Niskala much higher than him back in the day, and neither made it. I'd expect him to be pretty solid in the AHL or KHL, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad