TSN: Wings Potentially Interested in Hamonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
TSN's new rumours for the day, list Detroit as one of the teams that have interest in Hamonic. I highly doubt he is coming to Detroit, but if the price wasn't too bad, it wouldn't bother me.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I'd be more interested if we were further along in the rebuild, but as of now not interested. He'll be 30 by the time I can see us being competitive.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I'd be more interested if we were further along in the rebuild, but as of now not interested. He'll be 30 by the time I can see us being competitive.

Yeah I agree, but at least we would have a minute eater, who deserves to be on the ice in most situations. Better than having Ericsson or Kronwall playing so much.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

Plus the assets we'd have to trade for him would set us back. Not the kind of defenseman I would want to chase at this point in time.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
agreed, but I'd want a puck mover if we move young assets.

Yeah, but we would pay way more for a puck mover of any quality, and everyday a new team is looking for one. Pretty much every team has been mentioned as looking for a top 4 puck mover.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Lol this would be a terrible trade and a mediocore trade if holland didn't lose much. Smh

If we get him and lose something it's time to fire holland mr chris there's no way you can deny it. That's like 3 bad decisions in the span of a week

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Haha, this was my same thought.

But we know the answer. Hamonic is a solid defenseman most of the time - I've always thought of him as what everyone thought Dekeyser was supposed to be - and Holland is basically looking to amass whatever hardworking talent he can. He's desperate.

At this point, it's like the blueprint Holland is using to build this team is the 2006 Oilers.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
This makes 0 sense.

Therefore, it's very likely we get him, Holland never makes rational decisions anymore. We should be rebuilding. Holland will probably do the opposite of what we should be doing, and trade next year's 1st and Hronek/Saarijarvi for Hamonic.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Holland dosen't do trades involving roster players on both sides.

He's done like 4 trades which involved NHL roster players on both sides, 5 if you count the Eaves/Jarnkork/pick for Legwand.

Don't expect any trade from Holland which involves exchanging roster players on both sides.

Which means if Holland is targeting Hamonic it is sending picks/prospects.

Ken Holland Roster for Roster trades.
Kyle Calder for Jason Williams
Matthieu Schnieder for Sean Avery, Maxim Kuznetsov, 2003 1st rounder, and 2004 2nd rounder
Dominik Hasek for Vyacheslav Kozlov, 2002 1st rounder, and 2003 conditional.
Chris Chelios for Anders Eriksson, 1999 1st rounder, and 2001 1st rounder

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
This makes 0 sense.

Therefore, it's very likely we get him, Holland never makes rational decisions anymore. We should be rebuilding. Holland will probably do the opposite of what we should be doing, and trade next year's 1st and Hronek/Saarijarvi for Hamonic.

The thought of Hronek and/or Saarijarvi involved in a trade for Hamonic is nauseating.

In fact, the thought of any trade for Hamonic is emetic.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think this is where Nyquist eventually winds up. He would be a great fit with them in my opinion as the Isles need more playmakers.

He isn't enough to land Hamonic. The prices rumored on him are outrageous anyway. But I think Nyquist will wind up on the Islanders for one of their D-man shortly. Time will tell, but they need to go all in to keep Tavares.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I am 100% positive Ken Holland will not make a single trade involving a current DRW roster player

We simply do not have any players beyond Mantha and Larkin that any other GM covets or values.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I think this is where Nyquist eventually winds up. He would be a great fit with them in my opinion as the Isles need more playmakers.

He isn't enough to land Hamonic. The prices rumored on him are outrageous anyway. But I think Nyquist will wind up on the Islanders for one of their D-man shortly. Time will tell, but they need to go all in to keep Tavares.

Let's try mayfield

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
TSN's new rumours for the day, list Detroit as one of the teams that have interest in Hamonic. I highly doubt he is coming to Detroit, but if the price wasn't too bad, it wouldn't bother me.

Snow wanted 2 1st round picks for Hamonic, Which he was never going to get. I would do Tatar's rights for him but that's about it.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

I could possibly see a deal around Nyquist for Calvin De Haan should Garth Snow still move De Haan. And i agree with you whole heartily that Nyquist winds up with the Islanders should he be moved they're the perfect fit for him.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Dreger was saying the Isles were looking for two 1st rounders? Which D do you really want from the Isle, though? They won't deal Leddy, I'm not interested in Boychuk. Assuming the price doesn't change on Hamonic, that leaves Hickey and De Haan. I have to think we'd want De Haan, who isn't bad but he just doesn't move the chains for me.

edit> #1 beat me to the reasoning above. I need to quit taking thirty minute breaks in the middle of replying to something. :P:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Per Friedman, going to Calgary. We can discuss the trade in the Around the NHL thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad