Wings make a blockbuster

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
It took many weeks back am fourth between teams trying to tweek deals for a player i never really planned to deal.

However a deal came along that suprised me. And i decided to open the market to see what else was out there. Only one other offer caught my eye but i could never find a middle ground where i was happy dealing.

The Wings have dealt Derek Stepan. In exchange the Wings aquired Brendon Gallagher, Joe Morrow, an Jon Gillies.

Gallagher is a true winger something the team lack. He brings a good two way pest game with good offense. Morrow was a guy i didnt really want in the deal however no other defensive prospect caught my eye that were obtainable. Hes still 21 but the Puck moving defender isnt as highly touted as he once was. However he is still a solid defensive prospect with top 4 upside. In Gillies we add a great goalie prospect(biased included) who has great upside and potential to be a number 1 goalie in the NHL.

Tom HFNHL Stars

Jan 30, 2014
Port McNeill
I think you made a good deal. Well done!! I saw Gallagher play in the WHL, he was great. Morrow will be an NHL regular as early as this season, the Bruins just keep churning them out....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad