OT: Wings fan, and HFBoards user, octopi passed away in July

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
On behalf of the Nashville Predators board, RIP sweet Octopi.

Our condolences to your family, and prayers to all who are impacted by your loss.

- Mike

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
She was 41.

dang I will be 41 in two weeks I can't imagine facing imminent death there still so much to do. Life can be short enjoy it. Hope her family gets through the tough times.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Oh ****. Didnt know she had cancer. Tragic! She was very knowledgeable and overall great poster.

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
This is another one of those moments where reality slaps you in the face. I saw her posts, but didn't know her, or what she was going through at all. And now, I feel a loss I can't explain.

I want to take this opportunity to tell you all that I enjoy your company and love being out here with you.

God bless you, Octopi, rest in peace!

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
Wow, though I barely know any of you personally I spend a significant portion of time in your presence, either reading or taking part in discussions. Our avatars are our faces around here and we just lost a recognizable one.

RIP octopi, your presence will be missed. My thoughts are with you and your family today.

I want to take this opportunity to tell you all that I enjoy your company and love being out here with you.

Amen to that.

Mantha Poodoo

Playoff Beard
Jun 5, 2008
Dude, that sucks. I really liked octopi and frequently found myself concurring with her posts.

I lost my dad last summer to cancer as well, so pardon my language, but **** Cancer.

That is all.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
RIP Octopi...from this Rangers fan, you always sparked my interest when reading through your knowledgable posts....I always double read them just to make sure I didn't miss anything. You were a young woman, and a very loved one as we can see. Rest in peace now, and I hope you're in a better place where they have cold beers and hockey on all the time.

Goodbye, Octopi.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Awful to hear. Condolences to her family and friends.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Really horribly sad news, one of the nicest posters on this site by a wide margin. Shell be missed.

Hunting Bow*

Any chance her name could be known here? I'd like to find her obit and send my respects to her family.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Oh no. My sympathies to all who knew her. I'm recovering from pituitary surgery on a tumor that was found while doing a CT scan for something unrelated. I guess sometimes you just don't find out until it's too late. Maybe someday these scans can be routinely done annually to prevent this. Anyway, lots of good chats with her, she'll be missed.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Oh no. My sympathies to all who knew her. I'm recovering from pituitary surgery on a tumor that was found while doing a CT scan for something unrelated. I guess sometimes you just don't find out until it's too late. Maybe someday these scans can be routinely done annually to prevent this. Anyway, lots of good chats with her, she'll be missed.

Good luck in your own recovery.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Haven't been very active the last few months even reading the boards. I came back and noticed people using her avatar and.kept thinking it was her posting until I seen the name. This is a heartbreaking explanation of why it's being used by.others. Octopi was one of my favorite posters since I joined the forums seeing as we were both fans of the Wings and Caps. Damn just so sad from this news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad