Post-Game Talk: Wings @ Caps, Tues 12/8, 7:30pm, Phonebooth, NBCSN -- Return of the Greenie

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
so far the trade off upside from Kuznetsov and Schmidt is worth the drop off from Burt. He will get it figured out at some point. Meanwhile Willy has been great

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
GreenieToothbrush._SL285_.png

Jun 15, 2007
So is Ness going to get a game before he goes back to Hershey? Also is he the first to wear 55 since the esteemed Jeff "Sasha Pokulok" Schultz?

By the way, in case anyone was wondering; Sasha Pokulok is an offensive dynamo in the LNAH after realizing he couldn't hack it in the Kazak league.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
FWIW, we Wings fans are delighted with Green this season. He's been defensively solid, and his puck-handling, passing, and general poise with the puck have been exactly what we have been missing on the blue line for nigh on 5 years. His (and Datsyuk's) return is exactly the point when our season took a stark turn for the better.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I hope not. Greenie should receive a very friendly reception from the crowd. He played a huge role in making the Caps fun and relevant again.

Agreed, I have very fond memories of Green at his best, he was dominant offensively.

I would drop Mojo to 4th as well, and give Wilson a shot on line 2.

What? Has Wilson ever played LW before? I know MJ is struggling but he would be plain useless on the 4th.

FWIW, we Wings fans are delighted with Green this season. He's been defensively solid, and his puck-handling, passing, and general poise with the puck have been exactly what we have been missing on the blue line for nigh on 5 years. His (and Datsyuk's) return is exactly the point when our season took a stark turn for the better.

I'm glad it's paying off for you guys. Green just didn't fit in the team anymore, he was on the 3rd pairing and we couldn't afford to pay him $6M to be on the 3rd pairing. Best of luck with Green.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

It's been 20 games. Give it time.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
What is NBC's deal with these teams? Good games to watch so far but 3 national games?

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
It's been 20 games. Give it time.

At some point he's going to fumble a puck for a breakaway that loses a game and then they'll show him on camera with that dumb look on his face - you know the one people in UFC get when they can't remember being KO'd 20 seconds ago. :laugh:

Capathetic

May 26, 2011

Green is a terrific hockey player. The issue you're going to find amongst Caps fans is that the style of the team has gone to a two way style ESP on the backend. His injuries and the fact that he once had 31 goals and well he couldn't hit the net at all anymore.

I'm happy he's playing well for the wings but I like many Caps fans know you're truly getting a third of the player he once was. Sad really.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
If we didn't have Carlson... Niskanen would not be enough. With both Green was an odd man out.

OK, who am I kidding? He's the next former Caps D who will lift the Cup (after Schultz ofc).

BPMrules

Nov 10, 2009
Baltimore, MD
On the Marc comin down from Bmore, where's a good pre game drink? Forgot puck drop was at 730, so I have a bit of time to kill.

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
On the Marc comin down from Bmore, where's a good pre game drink? Forgot puck drop was at 730, so I have a bit of time to kill.

I always enjoy RFD, Rocketbar or Clydes. Bit of a different vibe with each of those, but usually pregame at RFD and Rocketbar for postgame

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
I was a big fan of MG as I am in general for offensive dman - and at his peak MG was the best in that role. I understand why he had to depart the Caps.

Optimal outcome for me is MG scores 1G and the Caps win :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad