Windsor Spitfires 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Great return for Luchuk. I expected a '00 & 2-2nds. The 3rd is a bonus. Now let's get this re-build in high gear.
Oh I think the rebuild is in high gear - just give it more time for that to come out.

So we no longer have a Captain - I'm sure it will be after the deadline before one is announced but any thoughts?

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Oh I think the rebuild is in high gear - just give it more time for that to come out.

So we no longer have a Captain - I'm sure it will be after the deadline before one is announced but any thoughts?
I suspect none will be announced until next season. This team should be in transition through the off season. We need to see who remains after the summer. If one has to be chosen I’d say Boka....

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
A better return for Luchuk than I expected, was thinking a 2nd and 2 3rds spread out between 2019-2022/3.

A decent 2000 born player, 2 2nds and a 3rd certainly offsets the time frame, Windsor would need those picks down the road as well.

With Luchuk having a career year, the ability to play up and down the line up and in all situations I think he will be a nice fit with the talented young kids in Barrie.

I don't think Barrie is in a position to go all the way but they should be able to go 2 rounds and possibly pull an upset.

Hope he does well.

It will be interesting how they use Douglas. Barrie scored a lot of goals and that was with missing Svechnikov for over a month. It's doubtful Brown ever ends up playing with Douglas. Probably not fair to expect Douglas to carry the offense so this is probably where you see the team bottom out which isn't a bad thing.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
let it start. probably fair, had to get an extra 3rd because all the picks are so far in the future, which is fine. would have liked to see the picks be in 2018-2020 but im sure that will come with the brown trade.
thumbs up for getting a 2000 with nice numbers, although i dont think he has that many gwg so ;)

i still dont think they have any interest in moving dipietro, not this year.

I think the only thing that would expedite a DiPietro move is if the Spits had difficult acquiring 2018 and 2019 draft picks. Getting Douglas is a start but there really can't be a rebuild if you don't have 18 and 19 picks.

member 71782

It will be interesting how they use Douglas. Barrie scored a lot of goals and that was with missing Svechnikov for over a month. It's doubtful Brown ever ends up playing with Douglas. Probably not fair to expect Douglas to carry the offense so this is probably where you see the team bottom out which isn't a bad thing.

Agreed Fans need to keep their expectation with Douglas within reason for the remainder of this season. The team will only get younger going forward and yes, should start to bottom out.

Rychel has a nice cushion for a playoff spot, don't see the team missing them so between now and the deadline it's time to close out any remaining deals and let the kids take over.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I think the only thing that would expedite a DiPietro move is if the Spits had difficult acquiring 2018 and 2019 draft picks. Getting Douglas is a start but there really can't be a rebuild if you don't have 18 and 19 picks.

you have both day an brown for that, well see what the market is for those two.

the same person who told me in september that the spits where told that brown would make the nhl initially (i remember two fans trolling me over that one) told me the spits have zero interest in moving dipietro, thats why the cost is so high, they want to move him next year

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Agreed Fans need to keep their expectation with Douglas within reason for the remainder of this season. The team will only get younger going forward and yes, should start to bottom out.

Rychel has a nice cushion for a playoff spot, don't see the team missing them so between now and the deadline it's time to close out any remaining deals and let the kids take over.
I agree - Need to give Douglas and others a chance to gel - it will take some time - rewards will be a year or 2 away.
Will Douglas make it here in time to be in the line-up tonight?

Reactions: member 71782

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
you have both day an brown for that, well see what the market is for those two.

the same person who told me in september that the spits where told that brown would make the nhl initially (i remember two fans trolling me over that one) told me the spits have zero interest in moving dipietro, thats why the cost is so high, they want to move him next year

I can probably take a guess on those two fans but it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. I am sure there is a market for both of them it might be limited due to ntc's, other teams dangling players. I don't know if Barrie had 18/19 picks but I imagine part of the deal was they weren't going to get 18 or 19 picks and Douglas. This just gives Barrie more time to recoup those picks.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
IMHO the one thing that might expedite trading DiPietro is trading Brown & Day. If they along with Luchuk are dealt you could possibly see DiPietro want to head for greener pastures himself. You can imagine what his personal stats will look like without those top 3 in the lineup...

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I can probably take a guess on those two fans but it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. I am sure there is a market for both of them it might be limited due to ntc's, other teams dangling players. I don't know if Barrie had 18/19 picks but I imagine part of the deal was they weren't going to get 18 or 19 picks and Douglas. This just gives Barrie more time to recoup those picks.

it wasnt the two your thinking of, the info i got was from someone in management, so i doubt they would have questioned it

member 71782

So when does the next move come? Before the trade freeze kicks in, after the freeze is lifted or after the WJHC is done?

An anxious fan base is awaiting any news now that the first move has happened.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
That's tough to answer. Do they deal Day asap to get him into his new team before the break, or just wait until after the break and deal everyone at once? I'd actually prefer just to get it over with.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Good trade,was hoping the picks would be in 2018 or 19,that being be said happy with the return.
Saw the Luchuk interview on the website,he understandably was emotional.
Douglas will wear #28 when he gets into the lineup,at 6'8"-232 not exactly small,11 inches taller then Luchuk.

Reactions: ohloutsider

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
By my count,Spits have used 24 cards so far this season,will use 1 on Vilardi, leaving 5 cards open of the 30 A cards teams are permitted.That being said not sure if Frasca a 16 year old counts as a card despite playing in Chatham, something known as A-developmental
Then Windsor has 4 cards plus Vilardi left.

Reactions: punch1943

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Good trade,was hoping the picks would be in 2018 or 19,that being be said happy with the return.
Saw the Luchuk interview on the website,he understandably was emotional.
Douglas will wear #28 when he gets into the lineup,at 6'8"-232 not exactly small,11 inches taller then Luchuk.
Just watched the Luchuk video - tears at your heart a bit - shows the human side of hockey.

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Always hard to watch those video's.......

Hope the rookies in the room saw what heart looked like, Luchuck oozed heart and character.

Good luck to him in Barrie , hope he raises the cup for them too.

Nice job by WR on this trade , picks a bit off in the distance thats why a player had to be added of coarse.

Reactions: KyGuy9

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
So when does the next move come? Before the trade freeze kicks in, after the freeze is lifted or after the WJHC is done?

An anxious fan base is awaiting any news now that the first move has happened.

Probably they’d like to get it done sooner than later. Seems the longer you wait ..the more likely some will have a change of heart and decide to stand pat or sell. Doubt if any more decide to be buyers..but that’s just my opinion. WR has doubled up on trades before..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->