Series Talk: WIN!! - WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators versus (WC2) Colorado Avalanche - NSH WINS!! 4-2

Preds vs Avs

• Total voters

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
There is a whole lot of cheap crap going on in this one clip. Marchand yes, but also Marleau just pulled the leg out from the Bruins player causing him to fall and land almost right on the ankle/skate of Marner, and then Krug crosschecks Marleau 3x in retaliation.
Yep- and refs staring right at all of it- no calls. Ridiculous

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
So if a week ago before the start of game 1 I had told you that after game 4 our defensemen would have zero goals combined and that Rinne would have a sub - .900 save %, how many of you would have said we would be up 3-1??
Crazy isn’t it???

Thank goodness for Watson/Sissons/Forsberg

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Well, that sucked ass. It isn't the end of the world, though. The Pens lost as well, after blowing a 2-1 lead. It happens.

It's all about how we respond. The Pepsi center will be rocking Sunday night and Hammond might be in our heads a little. We need to play our best game of the season. Defensively, I saw improvement in Game 5, of course a lot of it will be taken away by the last 10 minutes. Offensively, we had the chances but couldn't capitalize.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Whi cares what the pens or the jets or anyone else does?? Thats part of the team and fans problem, we are more worried about what other teams are doing than what we are doing. Just focus on the task at hand.

I think the point was for the Preds fans to put this situation in perspective. Even the two-time Stanley cup champs blow late leads in first round elimination games.

I’m sure the players scoreboard watch, but on the ice they aren’t thinking “Well Winnipeg is up 5-0 in an elimination game, so we really need to close out the series tonight” They’re professionals focused on what happens on the ice.

Also as fans, you can focus on whatever you want lol If I’m watching the Jets game, that’s not going to change if the Preds win game 5 or not.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
The team plays better when they use the speed and attack from both our offense and defense. So think they need to do that but they need to also hustle back quickly when they lose possession and it goes the other way in order to defend properly. They need to play their best effort on both ends of the ice for all 60 mins.

I expect the team to be focused and come out to play their best game and if not then I don't know what else will get this team motivated. They just need to win one game. They can finish this off if they just stay motivated/focused on the task at hand.

Last edited:

FishWhiskey

Jul 31, 2016
I am a Jets fan but don't shoot me, I come in peace! I have absolute confidence your boys will get the job done. You have just too good a team. The fans at the the Jets/Wild game in Winnipeg last night were chanting "Bring on Nashville". We don't want to disappoint them, eh? It still seems crazy to me that the #1 and #2 teams in the league end up meeting in the second round of the play-offs. A more sensible play-off format would give them a chance play in the finals but it is what it is I guess. Tell your boys to quit messing around and put a fork in Colorado so we can see the two best teams in the league do battle for what will be the de facto championship. Just so you know, Winnipeg has a lot of respect for your team. So lets scrap it out and then go for beers afterwards and tell war stories, eh?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Just blows my mind that it feels like the fans want it more than the players on the ice. Thought they grew up dreaming about winning the Cup? Could fool me this season.

Really disappointed in the guys, the 6 on 5 was just a look at the season, while lot of passing, no one wanting to shoot.

Last year we had guys that wanted it, maybe if we can get through this round the competition will bring that out again. Really just can't believe how this team is playing, just disappointed.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Just blows my mind that it feels like the fans want it more than the players on the ice. Thought they grew up dreaming about winning the Cup? Could fool me this season.

Really disappointed in the guys, the 6 on 5 was just a look at the season, while lot of passing, no one wanting to shoot.

Last year we had guys that wanted it, maybe if we can get through this round the competition will bring that out again. Really just can't believe how this team is playing, just disappointed.

Most teams/players want to win the Cup. They just don't want to put in the effort and energy it takes to get there and win it. It requires busting your butt out there for all 60 mins and giving it all you got and even sacrificing your body out there and even w/ all of that there is no guarantee you will win it. It's just easier to just go play golf and enjoy your longer summer break. Sadly I was hoping there would be more fight in our guys to win but maybe they used it all up last year instead. We will see what team shows up next game and if they will be having another gear or not and how much fight they will have in them or not.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Most teams/players want to win the Cup. They just don't want to put in the effort and energy it takes to get there and win it. It requires busting your butt out there and giving it all you got and even sacrificing your body out there and even w/ all of that there is no guarantee you will win it. It's just easier to just go play golf and enjoy your longer summer break. Sadly I was hoping there would be more fight in our guys to win but maybe they used it all up last year instead. We will see what team shows up next game and if they will be having another gear or not and how much fight they will have in them or not.
They should be mad and embarrassed and come out and play like their hair is on fire. Sadly we will probably need to settle for only getting that for about 20 minutes and hoping that is enough.

Reactions: klt2001

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
They should be mad and embarrassed and come out and play like their hair is on fire. Sadly we will probably need to settle for only getting that for about 20 minutes and hoping that is enough.

Yes if they played like they did last year where they were busting their butts out there from the drop of the puck to the end of the game, I wouldn't have a problem w/ this team and imo they wouldn't have a problem winning either. The fact that they will only give us spurts of that effort rather than putting their foot to the pedal for the whole 60 mins is what bothers me most about this team. I can deal w/ losing I just can't deal w/ the half ass efforts by the team. This team needs to have some pride in themselves and not go out w/o a fight. They just aren't digging deep, battling/busting their butts out there and giving it all they got. If they were doing that I think more than not they wouldn't have a problem winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Armourboy

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
This team misses James Neal.

Yeah Neal the real deal. Not all the time but alot of the times he would bust his butt or at least would make plays in clinch moments when needed. I miss him. I would take him over Bonino or Hartnell for sure. Oh well not much we can do about it now. Guys just need to dig deep and find a way to win if they want to get far in this playoffs or even out of this round. The effort from the team so far hasn't been great though. Need all the guys on this team to step up and not just a few guys.

Reactions: myFialabot

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
What's the opposite of catching fire? Because that's what we're doing at the worst possible time.
Dunno, it's not just now IMO. They've been like this for like a couple months... good enough on sheer talent to coast their way to the President's Trophy even... but not really playing a solid 60 mins at any point.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Any chance Tolvanen sees icetime?
Not a good one IMO.

The only thing I can think of is if a guy is kinda tired or nursing a nagging injury and the thought of a fresh kid with plenty of juice playing in the altitude is deemed worth a shot..... but that's a reach.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Not a good one IMO.

The only thing I can think of is if a guy is kinda tired or nursing a nagging injury and the thought of a fresh kid with plenty of juice playing in the altitude is deemed worth a shot..... but that's a reach.
Personally would love to see them bench Fiala and give him a shot just to try and wake Fiala up. Not like he has done much of anything anyways.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Personally would love to see them bench Fiala and give him a shot just to try and wake Fiala up. Not like he has done much of anything anyways.

I agree Fiala has been pretty awful. Lots of impressive stick handling, followed by a turnover or missed net. He's missing passes which are there in favor of the stick handling.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->