Series Talk: WIN!! - WCQF: (1) Nashville Predators versus (WC2) Colorado Avalanche - NSH WINS!! 4-2

Preds vs Avs

• Total voters

ViperXX79

Aug 10, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I just don't understand how you have video evidence of someone spearing someone in the groin and nothing is done about it. There's this perception that head shot's are somehow worse but groin shots are just as serious. If the goal is to make the game safer then send a message about these kinds of cheap shots.

Reactions: myFialabot

You

Jul 1, 2010
You know, with all these suspensions happening this year, I still think back to Crosby repeatedly pounding Subban’s head into the ice last year- and that got nothing.

If someone like Hartman (or most players not named Crosby) did that exact thing in a game in this year’s playoffs, what do you think they would get???

It would be at least 3 games, if not more. That play was worse than anything that has happened this year, at least in my opinion……….
Criminal Courts tend to hand out sentences in days or years, not games

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I just don't understand how you have video evidence of someone spearing someone in the groin and nothing is done about it. There's this perception that head shot's are somehow worse but groin shots are just as serious. If the goal is to make the game safer then send a message about these kinds of cheap shots.
I agree, there is a very easy way to put a stop to them, 5 minutes and a Game misconduct + 2 games suspension. Make it automatic, no reading the rules or debate. You put your stick purposely in someone's groin you are gone and get a 2 game suspension.

Reactions: RickP

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If you don't watch FSTN you can't see Chris Mason's interesting wardrobe selections. That one last night was LOUD. (Not Don Cherry loud, but movin' in that direction...)

Reactions: predfan98

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I just know I'm going to have to stock up on the strong stuff for a Jets series. I don't know how I get through it without. Some of those calls/non-calls last night... it's... it's... well, it's not even really describable anymore. They've got this sooooo messed up.

Once the refs start doing this stuff in a series with the Jets, it will be even harder to watch. Are the Preds really that obnoxious in dealing with the refs or what? I don't know what it is, but who else gets those calls against them like that???

Reactions: predhead1

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
other than the non call on the spear, which I happen to sort of understand since it was away from the puck, I wasn't too upset with the reffing last night honestly. the penalties we were called for were penalties in my mind. and while I hate the inconsistencies in goalie interference, the puck being on top of the pad and not covered makes me not really disagree with the no interference call.

sighthndlady

Sep 29, 2006
Saw an article on the NHL website suggesting Lavvy would put in Tolvanen in place of Hartman next game. I would guess not a chance in h*ll. Hartnell, more likely

Reactions: myFialabot

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
I don't mind the suspension. It was a bad hit but not with intent- 1 game is a good standard for that. Spearing the balls should be a suspension but isn't and hasn't been, so I applaud the consistency (stupid but consistent).

I also like the suspension b/c Hartman is more valuable to us when he isn't out of his mind. He wasn't in control last night and it nearly cost us by giving life to a hapless, limp, roadkill Avs team. If this helps in future games, excellent.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Saw an article on the NHL website suggesting Lavvy would put in Tolvanen in place of Hartman next game. I would guess not a chance in h*ll. Hartnell, more likely
I guess if there was ever a "mostly harmless" game to throw him into, maybe this is it? But tbh, so much depends on stuff we don't see. What if he's lighting it up in practice and looks like has jump, surprising strength, and is shocking all the NHL vets with his ridiculous sniping ability?

From an information-lacking fan perspective, totally agreed that it's still Hartnell and Salomaki ahead of him. And maybe a lean towards getting the heavier Hartnell warmed up a bit.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Tbh I think it's more a factor of where the open spot is. It's on the 4th line, which isnt really suited for a more skill guy, but then again if you have him with Jarnkrok and Fisher that line is more of a third than a true 4th.

I suspect you will see either Salomaki or Hartnell and if Lavi thinks there will be any funny business it will be Hartnell.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I don't mind the suspension. It was a bad hit but not with intent- 1 game is a good standard for that. Spearing the balls should be a suspension but isn't and hasn't been, so I applaud the consistency (stupid but consistent).

I also like the suspension b/c Hartman is more valuable to us when he isn't out of his mind. He wasn't in control last night and it nearly cost us by giving life to a hapless, limp, roadkill Avs team. If this helps in future games, excellent.

I still just cannot get over the sheer, mind blowing stupidity of the sequence that gave them the 5 on 3. We are in complete and absolute control of the game, and for no reason whatsoever commit two of the dumbest penalties you will ever see. Hartman's was bad enough, but I think you can make the argument Sissons was just as bad or even worse. I mean, you know we are already about to be shorthanded- why do anything close to what he did there??? WHYYYYYY?

Just an unbelievable sequence.......

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I still just cannot get over the sheer, mind blowing stupidity of the sequence that gave them the 5 on 3. We are in complete and absolute control of the game, and for no reason whatsoever commit two of the dumbest penalties you will ever see. Hartman's was bad enough, but I think you can make the argument Sissons was just as bad or even worse. I mean, you know we are already about to be shorthanded- why do anything close to what he did there??? WHYYYYYY?

Just an unbelievable sequence.......
I'm pretty sure Sissons' came first, which it makes Hartman's about the dumbest possible move.

Reactions: TitansVolsPreds615

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
You know, with all these suspensions happening this year, I still think back to Crosby repeatedly pounding Subban’s head into the ice last year- and that got nothing.

If someone like Hartman (or most players not named Crosby) did that exact thing in a game in this year’s playoffs, what do you think they would get???

It would be at least 3 games, if not more. That play was worse than anything that has happened this year, at least in my opinion……….

Here we go again- check out Marchand at end of 1st period tonight- has Marner’s head pinned on the ice and pulls a Crosby- no call of course. Probably wasn’t as bad as Crosby’s but with the emphasis on head injuries letting that BS go is RIDICULOUS

Especially with it being Marchand

Worst officiated playoffs ever

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
What's the bottom 6 lines look like Friday with Hartman out and hook back? Bones sessions and Watson has been really effective but bones and hook built some real chemistry before he got hurt. I'd like to see tolvenen get a game as well so I'd go with
Hartnell bones hook
Tolvenen sissons Watson
Give Fisher a break

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Watching replay one thing I just noticed- after Colorado scored the 2nd goal, they had only 2 shots on goal in the final 8:59. And 0 shots in the final 2 minutes.

After that 2nd goal we did a fantastic job of shutting them down.

Idk if you guys watching FS Tennessee saw this but after the second goal, Lavi yelled “everyone here!” And huddled them up and I’m sure told them to not allow another shot. We played very smart and passively in those last 10 minutes and it worked great.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
What's the bottom 6 lines look like Friday with Hartman out and hook back? Bones sessions and Watson has been really effective but bones and hook built some real chemistry before he got hurt. I'd like to see tolvenen get a game as well so I'd go with
Hartnell bones hook
Tolvenen sissons Watson
Give Fisher a break
Don't see Fisher sitting. No reason to burn up Tolvanen's contract eligibility right now. Hartnell should be in for sure. Just say no to Salamaki.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Here it is

There is a whole lot of cheap crap going on in this one clip. Marchand yes, but also Marleau just pulled the leg out from the Bruins player causing him to fall and land almost right on the ankle/skate of Marner, and then Krug crosschecks Marleau 3x in retaliation.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
So if a week ago before the start of game 1 I had told you that after game 4 our defensemen would have zero goals combined and that Rinne would have a sub - .900 save %, how many of you would have said we would be up 3-1??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->