Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Preds vs Ducks (SUCK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I would prefer it if one of our guys doesn't get cross checked in the face for no reason after scoring like Fiala did last time we played.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
They don't need the roster spot, so I'm not sure they would put him on IR. Plus, Lavy likes playing games with injuries.....

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I would think if he was concussed we would have gone ahead and put him on IR.
Concussion definitely crossed my mind when they labeled it UBI-

But he apparently skated this morning so I doubt that would happen if it was concussion.

The paranoid side of me is still worried though

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I don't understand how anyone who has watched this team all year can say that they are peaking. They've measurably improved since Ellis came back. That's what happens when you reintroduce a player of his caliber in place of a Matt Irwin type player. If Forsberg was tearing it up right now I'd admit I don't think there is any room for improvement but he is our best scorer and he is ice cold. Subban isn't playing anywhere near his best hockey of the year either. There is still another gear IMO. Subban always turns it on in the postseason.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
(Just realized I was in the GDT and probably should have put this in observations...)

*Subban definitely has another gear.
*Joey definitely has another gear.
*Turris - I didn't really watch Ottawa in the playoffs last year so not sure how he was but do know they made it 7 games against the Pens.
*Fisher - Still getting into things. Will likely be more of a force in the postseason this year relative to last. That's the advantage of having more juice in the tank than the majority of your competition.
*Bonino - Obviously knows what it's like to go through a playoff grind.
*Fiala, Smith, etc. - Who will step up?

*Rinne - We all know this is the true answer. Not sure he can be more lights out in the playoffs than he has been since Jan 1st so if there is any concern I have on this team it's right here.

Reactions: Aardvarksson

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
I don't understand how anyone who has watched this team all year can say that they are peaking. They've measurably improved since Ellis came back. That's what happens when you reintroduce a player of his caliber in place of a Matt Irwin type player..

Isn't that the definition of peaking? I think a possible 10 game winning streak late in the year is a classic definition of peaking.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Isn't that the definition of peaking? I think a possible 10 game winning streak late in the year is a classic definition of peaking.

No, not really. In terms of wins, I suppose you could say they are peaking, but that doesn't matter at all to me. In terms of actual play, I don't think anyone could argue that their on ice play during this win streak is as good as it gets. 3 or 4 of those wins were last second comebacks and luck plays a large role in that.

Oh, and of course "peaking too early" isn't really a thing, so there's that. The Pens won 14 of 16 games at one point in 2016, then won the cup. There are a ton of other examples.

The 2013 Blackhawks started the season 21-0-3, and they won the cup. If starting a season at 21-0-3 isn't "peaking too early", nothing is.

Last edited:
Reactions: FierceFalcon

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Anyone who actually watched all 9 of these games would know they didn't come at the hands of a team that is 'peaking'.

Unless receiving a good share of luck is considered reaching peak luck utilization.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Anyone who actually watched all 9 of these games would know they didn't come at the hands of a team that is 'peaking'.

Unless receiving a good share of luck is considered reaching peak luck utilization.

Yep- to me only 4 of the 9 games were really strong performances by us.....

Reactions: SouthNash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad