Post-Game Talk: WIN!!! - Flyers @ Preds- 10/10/2017: "The You Aren't In Trouble Till You Lose At Home" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Wow- what a finish. I will say this- people were freaking out about Neal scoring 3 goals and worried about our forwards- and justifiably so- but the two guys we got to replace Neal and Fisher now have 4 goals. Still a very good chance they will at the very least equal Neal/Fisher production and if that happens we should be in pretty good shape....

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
lol noneck...tonight we need to actually score first and try to play from ahead for once.

Well, we did, that didn't work, so we went back to the ever popular " pulling a game out of our ass." I hope that's not the strategy all season but if Josi is out long it probably will be about all we can do

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Wow- what a finish. I will say this- people were freaking out about Neal scoring 3 goals and worried about our forwards- and justifiably so- but the two guys we got to replace Neal and Fisher now have 4 goals. Still a very good chance they will at the very least equal Neal/Fisher production and if that happens we should be in pretty good shape....
Neal scored again tonight ;)

edit: X 2 .. he has 5 goals in 3 games and 2 GWG

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
This game basically embodies why I love hockey so much. The game is never over until that horn sounds. (Unless you’re losing 10-1 to the Blackhawks.)

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i just love forsberg. he could turn the puck over 35 times and if he scores once, he is gold to me. he is on my nice list for at least a month now.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
i just love forsberg. he could turn the puck over 35 times and if he scores once, he is gold to me. he is on my nice list for at least a month now.

I'm just glad he's not waiting until December to score. Didn't it take him to December to get past 3 goals last year?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I'm just glad he's not waiting until December to score. Didn't it take him to December to get past 3 goals last year?
he didn't score his 1st goal till November 12th last year and finished the month of November with 2 goals. he didn't score his 3rd goal till December 13th but finished the month with 8 goals for the year and finally started to wake up. so yes you are right and i think it's a good sign as forsberg has more points and goals in him.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Also would like to see some PP time for Girard. It's only one game but would be awesome if he could play well enough to earn a spot.

Ekholm - Subban
Josi - Ellis
Girard - Emelin

If that isn't the best D-core in the league

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The banner ceremony brought forth emotions.

Forsberg had that look. He is determined to live up to his A in spades, y'all.
Hartnell--I have always loved that guy. So happy to have him back in a Preds jersey!
Refs--they taketh away, they giveth. And thank you Preds for being able to score on a 6 on 3.
Was good to see FossilFndr!

Goalie Boy's Japanese students watched the game ("English learning experience") and one yelled "in actual English 'He [Forsberg] is best! He is favorite and best!'"
Makes this mom proud. He's teaching the third generation of Preds fans on the other side of the world.

Most importantly, we get PIE.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Also would like to see some PP time for Girard. It's only one game but would be awesome if he could play well enough to earn a spot.

Ekholm - Subban
Josi - Ellis
Girard - Emelin

If that isn't the best D-core in the league

Absolutely agreed. Ekholm-Subban being the dynamic shut-down pair, Josi-Ellis being the two-way game-breaking pair, and Girard-Emelin capable of handling 3rd pairing minutes.

My only worry is that Girard and Emelin won't mesh, I don't particularly trust Emelin to be reliable. I guess we did aquire him for a reason though (toughness) so I guess it has to work. If anything I think Irwin would be better suited to play beside Girard if Emelin falters. But I 100% believe Girard needs to stay up in this lineup.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Just watching him play, I don't think another year in juniors does a thing for him other than to check another year onto his age.

That's what's so frustrating about the 20 year old AHL rule for junior players. If a guy is being considered for a spot on the NHL club, he's not going to learn anything new going back to face a bunch of 17-19 year olds that he has already dominated. He may not be quite ready for the NHL but he's too good for juniors so why not have the option to send him to the AHL to face better competition and also older competition.

Reactions: AnalogKid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad