Post-Game Talk: win 7:08

Status
Not open for further replies.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The lack of passion was galling, even coming back I felt like it was half-assed. They even looked tired.

Still, teams change dramatically when the playoffs start. If this is what the give Game 1, I'll panic.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I think the biggest thing right now is for Trotz to realize Nicky just isn't working on the top line. Good lord, get him the f away from there. Put mojo there, they are so much better with him. Hell put Kuzy there. Nicky just ain't cutting it as top line center. Put him on 3rd line and see how that works out.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I think that's the first time this year the Caps have lost 3 in a row. Not delighted about that. Was really hoping they'd get through the season without that happening. Not that it's important, but it would've been cool.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Momentum doesn't always carry over from the end of the regular season to the playoffs.
Example, Ottawa won 21 of their last 27 last year, an incredible run to make the playoffs. Almost got swept in the 1st round.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Momentum doesn't always carry over from the end of the regular season to the playoffs.
Example, Ottawa won 21 of their last 27 last year, an incredible run to make the playoffs. Almost got swept in the 1st round.

Didn't Chicago lose something like 12 of last 15 last year (or something along those lines) at least that's what hawks fans say

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Nothing new this game. The team looks off. Don't know if it is because they don't care but I assume they are trying hard. Not gonna lie, I am a little bit worried for the first time all season.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Meh. They're still a pretty dense hockey team when it comes down to it. You can't barely be able to string passes together and you definitely can't not start periods on time. They get some credit for battling back but trying not pinning one arm behind your proverbial back for starters.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Let's not overlook the fact that Schmidt/Orlov both look like they aren't ready for the playoffs. The long season is starting to catch up to them and they're not improving. Schmidt especially.

I really wish Caps would have made a move for a better defenseman than Weber. Schmidt is like Keith Aucoin.... too good for AHL but not good enough for every day in the NHL.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Let's not overlook the fact that Schmidt/Orlov both look like they aren't ready for the playoffs. The long season is starting to catch up to them and they're not improving. Schmidt especially.

I really wish Caps would have made a move for a better defenseman than Weber. Schmidt is like Keith Aucoin.... too good for AHL but not good enough for every day in the NHL.

Schmidt is young. He's a rookie. I think he's definitely an NHL quality d man, but yeah, the 82 game season might be wearing on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad