Wilson charging on Wennberg (no supplementary discipline)

Is this suspendable?

• Total voters

lordstanley91

Jan 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
The puck is long gone, it was a garbage hit.

Nothing was done about it, thats fine too. He'll get whats coming to him.

Hate the instigator rule and the systematic removal of fighting that allows these hits to go with impunity. I hope he does get smashed but then at least the players decide it instead of the incompetent DoPS

Reactions: egelband

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
I don't like this hit on an unsuspecting player.

That being said I don't think Wenneburg was hurt so I doubt much comes of it. But then again I didn't think Doughty would get a game. I mean I'm happy if this is the new standard, but I don't expect anything to come of this play
Since when is it a crime to hit an unsuspecting player? It is kind of hard to hit someone if they always see you coming and have time to move aside.

Perfect hit and Wennberg should keep his head up.

Man this league and its fans have become soft...

Reactions: lordstanley91

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Since when is it a crime to hit an unsuspecting player? It is kind of hard to hit someone if they always see you coming and have time to move aside.

Perfect hit and Wennberg should keep his head up.

Man this league and its fans have become soft...

Perfectly fine hit except for the part where Wilson launches into Wennberg.

Wennberg should keep his head up except for the part where his head isn’t down it’s just turned.

No, not every hit needs to be on a player expecting and ready for it. But Wilson had a choice how to make this hit and he chose a way that targeted the head of the opposing player.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Perfectly fine hit except for the part where Wilson launches into Wennberg.

Wennberg should keep his head up except for the part where his head isn’t down it’s just turned.

No, not every hit needs to be on a player expecting and ready for it. But Wilson had a choice how to make this hit and he chose a way that targeted the head of the opposing player.
There are atm 14 threads on the first three pages each discussing individual hits and whether they should warrant a suspension. I mean 14 threads for so far 11 games. The fans are softer then ever and it seems to be true for the society as awhole. Everyone needs to be protected for their own good.

Wilson's hit was a 2 min boarding tops. That's it. There really won't be any hits in a few years if players have to be nervous about susepsions or drawing a five minute major everytime a player gets hurt and the referees take the easy way out.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
This is a reputation thread.

The hit was not clean but hardly thread-worthy.

Then again the Giroux "hit" on Letang got a thread so here we are.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
There are atm 14 threads on the first three pages each discussing individual hits and whether they should warrant a suspension. I mean 14 threads for so far 11 games. The fans are softer then ever and it seems to be true for the society as awhole. Everyone needs to be protected for their own good.

Wilson's hit was a 2 min boarding tops. That's it. There really won't be any hits in a few years if players have to be nervous about susepsions or drawing a five minute major everytime a player gets hurt and the referees take the easy way out.

Please explain to me what the plethora of threads about hits had to do with my opinion of one of them.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Please explain to me what the plethora of threads about hits had to do with my opinion of one of them.
I'm just lamenting on the state of things. But fans getting softer mean you see an infraction where there is none. Would you have reacted to this hit fifteen years ago?

The bottom part was related to the actual hit.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
God damn useless, no good goon. We’re missing one of our best playmakers because of Wilson’s idiotic ass and he doesn’t even get 1 game for it.

This league is so inconsistent with their discipline. It’s pretty much random at this point. There’s no black and white. Such BS
Smh

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I'm just lamenting on the state of things. But fans getting softer mean you see an infraction where there is none. Would you have reacted to this hit fifteen years ago?

The bottom part was related to the actual hit.
The fact is 15 years ago nobody knew how dangerous hard hits to the head were. Now we know, so now the sport is changing.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
God damn useless, no good goon. We’re missing one of our best playmakers because of Wilson’s idiotic ass and he doesn’t even get 1 game for it.

This league is so inconsistent with their discipline. It’s pretty much random at this point. There’s no black and white. Such BS
Smh
35 points in 78 games and just taken out one of your best players with a pretty clean hit. Doesn't sound that useless to me?

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Good playoff hit...nothing wrong with it

Alright, pal. Let's go

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jackets Fan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Can’t believe so many hurt because Wilson checks hard. Checks are also done to physically wear down and mentally intimidate your opponent. The idea that checks are supposed to only be a defensive tool to seperate the player from the puck is garbage.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
The fact is 15 years ago nobody knew how dangerous hard hits to the head were. Now we know, so now the sport is changing.
Yep. Exactly this. But many fans aren’t changing. Then again, they’re not the ones getting the brain injuries...

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Lmao everyone is saying it's a typical dirtbag Wilson move and then following it up with saying the hit was fine. The cognitive dissonance around Wilson is amazing.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Yeah I am a Caps fan.. but I hate Wilson as much as the next guy. Guy has cost the Caps more than one game.. but I dont think this should be a suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->