Proposal: Willy Nylander to Chicago

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Let's trade Nylander in the hope that we draft another Nylander. Somebody is dreaming-type proposal.
But you forgot the other pieces. Maybe they could draft a defenceman and a goalie with those other pieces. It’s a win win. I kid.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
dude, you are making us hawks fans look bad. I have loved all that Seabs has done for this team, but hes rapidly declining and signed for a lot of money til hes 38. I have liked watching debrincat; and think Q did a horrible job with him not having him out there with better linemates and more ice time, but at this point Nylander is the better player. Schmaltz has looked good too, but he hasnt cracked 60 points and has been with Kane. The potential is there, but none of those guys are better or equal to nylander.
He's being sarcastic...

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Debrincat, Jokiharju, Mitchell, Edjsell, Sikura, either of the 1sts, Schmaltz, all good, young assets. Hawks aren’t as ****ed for the future as everyone thinks
Doubt there'd be interest in Debrincat. They passed on him in the draft. Not sure I'd want a package of those younger players for Nylander. (Not really familiar so you'll have to forgive me a bit) and the picks are of no value.

I doubt there'd be a deal there.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Yeah there is no evidence every a new voice does a player/team any good. None! *rolleyes*

The original comment wasn't even supposed to be taken seriously, IMO.

I mean, who would actually think that a 30+ defender who lost his agility could go back to being a good defenceman?

Mar 26, 2010
Nylander will not be traded. He is a core piece Toronto is building around.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
well thats false. schmaltz has 28pt and 52 pt seasons vs nylanders back to back 60. he has done nothing to suggest he is anywhere near nylander. getting whomped to the tune over 42 less pts the last 2 seasons doesnt suggest he is "as good" as Nylander

Debrincat you can make an argument for, but maybe after he gets 60+pts
Schmaltz struggled the first half of his first year, and was sent down to the AHL. He came back and was almost a point per game player down the stretch. Last year he was great, and had almost as many points as Nylander while playing C, much more responsibility, and he is a much better defensive player than Nylander. I would argue he is as good as Nylander right now considering all that.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
kane is better than nylander and marner. the leafs would be getting the better player.

Honestly, for you to suggest trading Nylander this early is a downright disgrace, we’ve seen young forwards get traded early in their development only for it to blow up in the other team’s face, you’re snapping. Nylander has the potential to be an 80 point + breakout star, you never trade that for anything short of Schmaltz and a relatively significant add. You watch every Leaf game, you know Nylander is a talent just scratching the surface of breaking out into a gun, don’t trade that. Nylander for Hamilton maybe but not Schmaltz

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Would it make sense for Toronto to ask for Patrick Kane back? Get a superstar player in his prime with cup experience in exchange for giving Chicago a rebirth of sorts? Re-adjust the experience level on the Leafs, have a guy who can help Matthews and Marner reach another level.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Honestly, for you to suggest trading Nylander this early is a downright disgrace, we’ve seen young forwards get traded early in their development only for it to blow up in the other team’s face, you’re snapping. Nylander has the potential to be an 80 point + breakout star, you never trade that for anything short of Schmaltz and a relatively significant add. You watch every Leaf game, you know Nylander is a talent just scratching the surface of breaking out into a gun, don’t trade that. Nylander for Hamilton maybe but not Schmaltz
i never suggested them trading nylander this early...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad