Proposal: Willy Nylander to Chicago

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Then take a risk with your pick.
Good, that's what I'm saying I want. Hawks have made the most of their last few high picks, so I want them to take the gamble on a prospect rather than a guy who'll help us get back to cap hell.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Good, that's what I'm saying I want. Hawks have made the most of their last few high picks, so I want them to take the gamble on a prospect rather than a guy who'll help us get back to cap hell.
Not sure how a productive player getting market value puts you in cap hell but good luck with your pick.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Could Toronto not flip the picks for a young RHD? Not that I would do this deal as a Hawk fan, but more of a question to Leaf fans saying it doesn't make sense.

Those picks likely hold less value than Nylander.

The odds of either one of them producing a player as good as him are fairly low.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If his cap hit wasn't an issue, Toronto wouldn't be looking at trading him...

Good thing they aren't and that this is all just HF BS.

Nylander's value is probably above the 3rd overall this year. Zadnia, Dobson and whoever might end up as better players at the end of the day, but until they have more development under their belt, they don't have the value of a 22 year old with two 60+ point seasons and centre upside.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Good thing they aren't and that this is all just HF BS.

Nylander's value is probably above the 3rd overall this year. Zadnia, Dobson and whoever might end up as better players at the end of the day, but until they have more development under their belt, they don't have the value of a 22 year old with two 60+ point seasons and centre upside.
There is also the low chance they fully bust and the moderate chance they become middle 6 or bottom 4 players.

Reactions: LeafGrief

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Does Chicago have anything of value?
Debrincat, Jokiharju, Mitchell, Edjsell, Sikura, either of the 1sts, Schmaltz, all good, young assets. Hawks aren’t as f***ed for the future as everyone thinks

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
but but but...that 8th pick could turn INTO a Nylander!

lol leafs laugh at this and hang up. chicago doesnt have a single piece outside of kane that returns willy unless they wanna overpay and send 8+debrincat

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Schmaltz and DeBrincat individually are as good as Nylander. Why would the Hawks add the 8th overall in a hypothetical deal...

well thats false. schmaltz has 28pt and 52 pt seasons vs nylanders back to back 60. he has done nothing to suggest he is anywhere near nylander. getting whomped to the tune over 42 less pts the last 2 seasons doesnt suggest he is "as good" as Nylander

Debrincat you can make an argument for, but maybe after he gets 60+pts

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Could Toronto not flip the picks for a young RHD? Not that I would do this deal as a Hawk fan, but more of a question to Leaf fans saying it doesn't make sense.

ok make it a 3 way deal then
why do the leafs take the risk of seeking out another deal?

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
If Babs can get Seabrook to lose some weight and take care of his diet then he’s a top pair guy again that has big game experience and brings immediate credibility to the Leafs as a contender in the east.

If Quenville can't accomplish that, then neither can Babcock.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I think the nicest way to say no to the original proposal is that Nylander was himself an 8th overall pick. And I don't think it's a stretch to say he was a highly successful one. The #27 pick is not even close to enough an add on for it to make sense to take another swing at a draft pick, especially when this one has chemistry with our best player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad