Proposal: Willy Nylander to Chicago

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Why would the Hawks trade a guy with nearly same production at same age plus a top 10 pick.
Man, it's getting repetitive. Because of what I told you earlier:
Because of the principle the Hawks would have to overpay to make a deal for Nylander.
They don't have the assets TOR are looking to get back in a deal.

Like I told you, it's okay to say no to that offer, as you should. (Note: Yes it's a copy/paste of my previous post, see how repetitive it gets, just read and see that's the only a deal get done. If you don't like it, move on and target another player)

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Honestly, only trade that'd make me even think of moving Wet Willy would be Schmaltz + your 1st round pick, probably a no go anyway..

Reactions: Deam78

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I find it hard to believe the Leafs would have no interest in Seabrook in a deal for Nylander. HF gonna HF though.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I find it hard to believe the Leafs would have no interest in Seabrook in a deal for Nylander. HF gonna HF though.
well you shouldn't, because no team has interest in seabrook. his contract is atrocious and he isn't close to how good you believe he is

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
well you shouldn't, because no team has interest in seabrook. his contract is atrocious and he isn't close to how good you believe he is

If Babs can get Seabrook to lose some weight and take care of his diet then he’s a top pair guy again that has big game experience and brings immediate credibility to the Leafs as a contender in the east.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017

I would and i’m a hawks fan. There is a place for seabrook in the nhl as he’s still a fairly valuable asset on PP and despite what some people say here leadership isn’t worthless since all players are not emotionless human cyborg husks.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
If Babs can get Seabrook to lose some weight and take care of his diet then he’s a top pair guy again that has big game experience and brings immediate credibility to the Leafs as a contender in the east.
he can't just become a top pairing guy again if he loses weight and takes care of diet. if chicago thinks that, then they should keep him

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
They would win a cup though, IMO. Can you really put a price on a cup win? It's been so long.....
they wouldn't win a cup if they made that trade. their issues are goaltending and defense, not scoring and a lack of huge contracts.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
they wouldn't win a cup if they made that trade. their issues are goaltending and defense, not scoring and a lack of huge contracts.

Having Kane would help Matthews a LOT. He could give him veteran leadership along with JT while also being pure silk to replace Marner. Toews would be a PERFECT #2 C for this team and help their D in the way Bergeron does. They would be losing two good young players but you can't put a price on a cup win. Especially in Toronto.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
It doesn't make sense for Toronto because they want to compete now.

But the value the Hawks are giving up is too much as well. Nylander was a 8th overall pick. So the Hawks would be giving up their 8th for a former 8th. They'd also lose out on a late 1st and wouldn't have Nylander for any of his ELC years.

Just doesn't make much sense IMO.
Justification is that in a redraft, Nylander would go higher.
Which is also the same reason the Leads couldn’t justify it.

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
Having Kane would help Matthews a LOT. He could give him veteran leadership along with JT while also being pure silk to replace Marner. Toews would be a PERFECT #2 C for this team and help their D in the way Bergeron does. They would be losing two good young players but you can't put a price on a cup win. Especially in Toronto.
I'd rather keep Marner and Nylander and let you guys keep your overpaid 10M captain and Kane. Even though Kane is still an incredible player, I would rather Toronto stay the course and not make a move to pick up two guys who are leaving their prime

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
I'd rather keep Marner and Nylander and let you guys keep your overpaid 10M captain and Kane. Even though Kane is still an incredible player, I would rather Toronto stay the course and not make a move to pick up two guys who are leaving their prime
Can you put a price on Lord Stanley though? Would you trade those bad cap years for a cup?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
the main issue is the leafs blueline. the team was pretty bad, but the blueline was just awful. toews doesn't help at that. he would give the leafs a real shutdown center but he would be quite expensive. along with kane, that takes up 21 million for the foreseeable future. most of that 21 million can be spent towards marner and nylander and matthews, and i'd rather have matthews, marner and nylander at above 25 million than toews, kane, and matthews at 32 million.

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
Can you put a price on Lord Stanley though? Would you trade those bad cap years for a cup?
I'd rather stay the course because there's no guarantees in hockey. If CHI has such good players, why didn't they win the cup this year? I'd much rather hang on to the young stars and hope they can replicate what the Hawks did when their stars were still young.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
I'd rather stay the course because there's no guarantees in hockey. If CHI has such good players, why didn't they win the cup this year? I'd much rather hang on to the young stars and hope they can replicate what the Hawks did when their stars were still young.

Why didn’t win the leafs win the cup?

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Instead of replying to everyone who was against my post above, I'll state this.

There are a ton of talented players in this years draft. Sure, some will falter. But some could also exceed the abilities of Nylander.

For example, say someone like Wahlstrom was available. He could wind up just as good as WN, but the Hawks would have him for all three ELC years.

There's a risk/reward dynamic, and the Hawks need to take the risks if they want to get back to success in this league.
Then take a risk with your pick.

Reactions: CromLeafsFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad