Proposal: William Nylander for Hanifin

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
tenor.gif

Borgstrom is going no where alright Borgman?

Sorry my intoxicated ass is stupid apparently.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Nylander for Slavin/Faulk i'd do

Leafs need D and Nylander is a great player but face it Matthews can play with anyone on his wing and still have a sucuesful line gives a chance for a good AHL player to come up . IMO Grundstrom can he shoot the puck , he would be a great replacement for nylander.

the canes have tons of D and could use a top 6 forward , i think we are trading partners for sure .

The other options for Canes would be to take a run at JVR as UFA . and pay nothing for improvement but salary

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Not a Leafs fan and I don't think Hanifin sucks but I don't think they'd move Nylander for him.

I think they'd make a package of some of their quality secondary pieces plus their 1st for Faulk or a package for Bean rather than give up the biggest piece I'm the deal to get another lhd.

They might take the lhd in Bean if the package was right but I image they'll be trying for Faulk or Tanev.

Personally I hope the Oilers can put together a package of secondary pieces for Faulk.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Reactions: Grabner

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Do you really not have any other evidence besides "some other people think so"?

As a Canes fan, I feel I am constantly told how much our forwards and defensemen suck and how Marner and Nylander are the 2nd coming/greatest thing ever and how I need to be sold on settling with Kapanen in a trade. I am just saying.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Do you really not have any other evidence besides "some other people think so"?
I guess the NHL Awards should not be determined by voting for trophies like Hart, Lindsay and Jack Adams etc. With every discussion, there will be a difference in a opinion which should be decided by a vote.

It's good to have individual evaluations of players, but I think for a player A to be better than Player B, the majority of people will have side with player A.

I could post a bunch of stats and numbers, but I feel that wouldn't give us a complete answer. Plus, this thread was meant to be Nylander for Hanifin, not Gardiner vs Hanifin. If I posted a bunch of stats, I feel that it would derail this thread.

43Kadri43

Jun 15, 2017
As a Canes fan, I feel I am constantly told how much our forwards and defensemen suck and how Marner and Nylander are the 2nd coming/greatest thing ever and how I need to be sold on settling with Kapanen in a trade. I am just saying.

It's not a matter of Hanifin sucking, it's a matter of Gardiner being underrated.

I fully expect Hanifin to become better, but he's not right now. It's just that simple. DTM's GAR (which is proprietary now, but still), context (QoC) factored xG RelT, P/60, context (QoC) factored CFRelT, multi-year GF RelTM etc. The only thing Hanifin looks better in is single season corsica WAR.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
He's absolutely not better than Gardiner.
I disagree. It's close now, but won't be long term. Gardiner is quite underrated, imo. I've been a fan of his for a while now. I'd take Hanifin by a little bit now and a lot long term.

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I don't think Hanifin's skill set is what Toronto should be looking for to pair with Rielly. Between him and Gardiner they already have two LH defenseman who excel at the skilled part of the game.

They need someone who is more a complement to those type of players.

Good player, just don't see the fit.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I don't think Hanifin's skill set is what Toronto should be looking for to pair with Rielly. Between him and Gardiner they already have two LH defenseman who excel at the skilled part of the game.

They need someone who is more a complement to those type of players.

Good player, just don't see the fit.

like chris tanev.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
That style of player yes, even someone who isn't elite defensively but very well rounded would be more ideal.

Also ideally, you don't have to trade a Nylander for that type of player.

Exactly. Nylander for Tanev is Hall for Larsson redux. Same with if it's for a ristolainen type player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad