Value of: William Nylander for an RHD

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
I'd usually side with jets fans in their bickering with the leafs. But in what universe is ehlers "better" than nylander? They're even at best. And contrary to what the peanut gallery has to say....nylander DOES have substantial value as does any back to back 60 pt scoring 21 year old.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Ridiculous. Just wait and get Doughty for free.
Yeah, it's ridiculous you think the Kings are going to let Doughty walk as a UFA for nothing. Doughty is either going to re-sign with the Kings, or with the team which acquires him in a trade.

Reactions: nabob

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Why trade Nylander? Does that mean our typical trade proposals won't work?

Can't be.

Marincin, Leivo & a 2nd for your team's stud defender.

member 300185

Yeah, it's ridiculous you think the Kings are going to let Doughty walk as a UFA for nothing. Doughty is either going to re-sign with the Kings, or with the team which acquires him in a trade.
Oh, I am sorry. I guess no one needs to watch anything anymore because you have spoken. And Tavares will never see free agency either right? Can I borrow that crystal ball of yours so I can buy my lottery tickets. :sarcasm:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Oh, I am sorry. I guess no one needs to watch anything anymore because you have spoken. And Tavares will never see free agency either right? Can I borrow that crystal ball of yours so I can buy my lottery tickets. :sarcasm:
If he doesn't sign with the NYI, you don't think the rights to Tavares will be traded before July 1?

I can't help it that Garth Snow may be stupid, but he obviously thinks he can get Tavares signed before July 1. While Tavares' value may be way down if he is traded between now and July 1, I would still expect him to be traded if he has not signed with NYI. It's common sense.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
This thread is toxic. I also decline Hamilton. He is not what is needed he is not good defensively and if a flames fan tries to tell you that they are lying. You'd essentially be trading for a RD Gardiner which is not bad by any means but would rather keep Nylander.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Spurgeon and Coyle for Nylander and a 2nd.
Damn, that's interesting. Almost exactly the sort of deal I would want if management were to move Nylander. My only reservation would be that while IMO it makes us a much better team for two years they both expire then, that's a huge gamble when moving a player with Nylanders potential long term impact. If Spurgeon had a couple more years, or Coyle had Nino's contract it would be a hard one to say no to. Would there be any consideration to sub Nino in for Coyle? I actually like Coyle as a player more but Neiderreiter's term and handedness are more of a round peg f round hole (we're hugely imbalanced left vs right on the wing). Zucker could be interesting for those same reasons.

How would you rate the 3 wings?

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Damn, that's interesting. Almost exactly the sort of deal I would want if management were to move Nylander. My only reservation would be that while IMO it makes us a much better team for two years they both expire then, that's a huge gamble when moving a player with Nylanders potential long term impact. If Spurgeon had a couple more years, or Coyle had Nino's contract it would be a hard one to say no to. Would there be any consideration to sub Nino in for Coyle? I actually like Coyle as a player more but Neiderreiter's term and handedness are more of a round peg f round hole (we're hugely imbalanced left vs right on the wing). Zucker could be interesting for those same reasons.

How would you rate the 3 wings?
I would say that value - wise Zucker >Nino>Coyle.

If Spurgeon is the center of a trade, if Nino or Zucker is the add, then there has to be more than just Nylander and a second, the value no longer makes sense.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Yeah the player with zero defensive ability, who gets called out for his lack of effort by his coach and who has 1 point in 5 games is better. Sure buddy
Hey jets homer. Nylander has 5 pts in 11 playoff games. Ehlers has 2 in 4. Homers gotta homer right?

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Lol Nylander for A. Larsson equivalent incoming.

f*** no. We should at least learn from the oilers mistakes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->