Value of: William Nylander for an RHD

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
So, with his pathetic non showing come playoff time and contract demands in play, what could he fetch on the market?

Could a base of Hamilton for Nylander be a fair deal for both teams?

It would hurt to lose Nylander for the leafs but Hamilton would fix a ton of their needs.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Our player doesn't suck, so...

Nylander and Liljegren and a 1st for Doughty.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
why?
Does Tanev work better?

Toronto has a systematic issue with team defense that is being heavily exposed by Boston, and adding one offensive defenseman like Hamilton won't change that.

They need to change their system and probably also make some personnel changes IMO. I don't think Morgan Rielly and Ron Hainsey is a Stanley Cup top pairing on a team that doesn't have Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, and 2 goalies putting up Conn Smythe performances at the same time.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I agree with you. Leafs should not give him up.
I mean I think we should def consider trading him for an equally skilled D-men (Looking at Carolina D), but if his value is gonna be brutally brought down because of a down season, I'd rather let him prove his worth next season

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I mean I think we should def consider trading him for an equally skilled D-men (Looking at Carolina D), but if his value is gonna be brutally brought down because of a down season, I'd rather let him prove his worth next season
I think the Leafs are smarter than taking a deal under his ‘true’ value including his potential.

Don’t you guys have a ton of cap space for a good Ufa?

nhlfan1991

Apr 14, 2014
So, with his pathetic non showing come playoff time and contract demands in play, what could he fetch on the market?

Could a base of Hamilton for Nylander be a fair deal for both teams?

It would hurt to lose Nylander for the leafs but Hamilton would fix a ton of their needs.
Need to add to get Hamilton. Calgary doesn't want a anther soft winger

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
I think the Leafs are smarter than taking a deal under his ‘true’ value including his potential.

Don’t you guys have a ton of cap space for a good Ufa?
Yeah we do, but what are the odds we get a #1D from free agency, we haven't gotten one in over a decade

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Yeah we do, but what are the odds we get a #1D from free agency, we haven't gotten one in over a decade
Idk. You have a promising team? Young core. I think your odds are best right now. I would test the free agency market before trading nylander, unless you get a steal trade at the draft.

Reactions: TrentonF

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Leafs would be so dumb to trade Nylander lmaoo

Could try another 462 Kapanen+2nd+Carrick offers for every good defenceman in the league threads, I suppose.

Trading Nylander inherently is not dumb. Trading Nylander and not getting a legit #1, like the Oilers did with Hall, IS dumb. All depends on what the return is.

Oiler fans get really frustrated when fans of other teams try to pawn their #2-3 defencemen and spare change off as a reasonable return for Draisaitl - looking at you, Wild fans - so we do get it.

Last edited:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Could try another 462 Kapanen+2nd+Carrick offers for every good defenceman in the league threads, I suppose.

Trading Nylander inherently is not dumb. Trading Nylander and not getting a legit #1, like the Oilers did with Hall, IS dumb. All depends on what the return is.
We'll add nylander to that package and see what we get.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Soft 60ish point winger with no defensive ability or compete. Not much value there

He has all the skills to be an all star, but really doubting his heart.

Right now I hope a team wouldn't be looking to trade for him with the mindset of him becoming the teams driver. Which should drop the value they are willing to pay.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Toronto has a systematic issue with team defense that is being heavily exposed by Boston, and adding one offensive defenseman like Hamilton won't change that.

They need to change their system and probably also make some personnel changes IMO. I don't think Morgan Rielly and Ron Hainsey is a Stanley Cup top pairing on a team that doesn't have Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, and 2 goalies putting up Conn Smythe performances at the same time.

The systemic issue being they are soft like butter left on the counter on a hot summer day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad