William Karlsson vs Nikolaj Ehlers

Who do you take moving forward assuming both have identical contracts?

• Total voters

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
leafs fan choosing ehlers. karlsson hasnt had a double digit goal year until this year. trying to say he is better than nylander or ehlers who were much,much better at a younger age is ridiculous.

karlsson puts up 25-30g/55-60pts tops next year guaranteed

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
The younger Ehlers, tho Karlsson is somewhat legit and could be a 30/30 or 25/35 guy with a great two way game moving forward.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Karlsson's first full season in a non-defensive bottom line role he put up 49 g's and 91 pts /97 gp so far while being a top line C and a tenacious defensive player. There is obvious risk that this is a complete aberration, however the chemistry that Smith-Karlsson-Marchessault has IMO keep his floor pretty high around a 30G/30A C with great all-around play. I go with Karlsson but it's a very tough question.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
if Karlsson has another season where he's signicantly better than Ehlers than i'll take him. Similar to the Nylander poll, i'll take Ehlers for now.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Karlsson's first full season in a non-defensive bottom line role he put up 49 g's and 91 pts /97 gp so far while being a top line C and a tenacious defensive player. There is obvious risk that this is a complete aberration, however the chemistry that Smith-Karlsson-Marchessault has IMO keep his floor pretty high around a 30G/30A C with great all-around play. I go with Karlsson but it's a very tough question.

I think Karlsson is gonna land somewhere between his 6.25 sh% of 2016-2017 and th e 23.4% her had this year.
lets say 15%? even that is generous based on what other stars shoot. that would give him 28g. He is gonna need to shoot more to be a consistent 30g guy

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
this poll is an obvious indication that jets will win just about any poll and the leafs will lose in similar conditions..
2 to 1 for ehlers but nylander losing? these wingers are 2 pts apart over the last 2 seasons.....

Or maybe Ehlers is better than Nylander as well.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Or maybe Ehlers is better than Nylander as well.
Nothing tangible points to that -- definitely similar tiered players, anybody who argues otherwise are just influenced by team colors.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
this poll is an obvious indication that jets will win just about any poll and the leafs will lose in similar conditions..
2 to 1 for ehlers but nylander losing? these wingers are 2 pts apart over the last 2 seasons.....
Are you very suprised by the results?
I find it kind of funny that all of the posters who were quite adamant on Karlsson > Nylander AINEC in the other poll didn't say peep in this one.

DonM

The Industrial Revolution and its consequences
May 18, 2015
Karlsson easy. Just as with Nylander, I don't expect Ehlers to ever have a season as good as the one Karlsson just had. I think these threads comparing young guys to much older players are pretty silly though.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Karlsson looks real. Even if he dries up a bit offensively next year, compared to this year, he's still strong overall. Ehlers just had a playoffs with 0 goals in 15 games.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I voted for Karlsson in both. Has nothing to do with the teams involved you can put away your tinfoil hat. *edit after seeing that Karlsson is beating Nylander but not Ehlers I am starting to buy into this theory as much as I hate to admit it.

I understand why people dont think Karlsson will repeat the 40 goals but I think he is a shoe in for be a two way beast 30/30 guy. Which really unless Ehlers and Nylander are scoring at a 75/80 point pace as scoring wingers will not be as valuable of a player. So I guess the real question is do you think Ehlers and Nylander will score that much. If you do then you have an argument, I personally dont see it. Perhaps Nylander some day but I hated his game in the playoffs, I know that can change but you cant teach a player to go to the dirty areas. William Karlsson will go to the dirty areas at both ends of the ice.

Last edited:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
You'd have to think the Jets management is extremely worried about Ehlers lack of show in the playoffs. Karlsson thrived whereas Ehlers disappeared.

Ehlers is a great player in his own right but perhaps the Jets management would prefer to capitalize on his remaining value and look at trade options? I certainly think it's possible.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
You'd have to think the Jets management is extremely worried about Ehlers lack of show in the playoffs. Karlsson thrived whereas Ehlers disappeared.

Ehlers is a great player in his own right but perhaps the Jets management would prefer to capitalize on his remaining value and look at trade options? I certainly think it's possible.

Yeah definitely trade him to the sens please.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Its not Karlsson easily or anything remotely close to that. The people that look at the current seasons success of a player and fail to look at them at a whole are the ones wondering why Karlsson is not winning this poll.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Won't have to worry about playoff droughts there.
Oh hot take hot take! News at 6 the sens suck and the organization is in shambles next story water is wet.

Did that feel good? Imagine how good it will feel when your boys in blue win a playoff series. We're you alive the last time that happened or old enough to remember?

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad