Prospect Info: William Bitten - 70th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So far impressive showing by Bitten and Hamilton. He made things happen every time he was on the ice. Good wheels, effort and passing seems to have the smarts as well at least from the little I've seen of him so far. Took a puck to the net that forced the defensemen to pull him down right in front of the goalie.

Really impressive showing from Hamilton as a team, they got down 1-0 early on the road against a top team and then fired off 4 goals in the 1st.

Where are you watching these games?

OHL live still has the early bird special.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
So far impressive showing by Bitten and Hamilton. He made things happen every time he was on the ice. Good wheels, effort and passing seems to have the smarts as well at least from the little I've seen of him so far. Took a puck to the net that forced the defensemen to pull him down right in front of the goalie.

Really impressive showing from Hamilton as a team, they got down 1-0 early on the road against a top team and then fired off 4 goals in the 1st.

How's that Merkley kid doing ? He's a potential top 2018 pick.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
A fun game overall to watch, looking forward to watching more Hamilton games if they continue to play like that. Bitten was on the PP and PK, which was good to see, plus the announcers for Rodgers.tv talked about what a great addition he will be to their team and how he can be a 70-80 pt player for them (I believe as I was doing some work inbetween watching)

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Am I the only one who is absolutely STOKED to have this guy in the pipeline? Hes our future 2nd C, screencap this. Good kid, awesome wheels, right-handed shot, born and raised a Habs fan. Whats not to like?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Am I the only one who is absolutely STOKED to have this guy in the pipeline? Hes our future 2nd C, screencap this. Good kid, awesome wheels, right-handed shot, born and raised a Habs fan. Whats not to like?

He's had a tough year in terms of production, but most of us are fully confident in his abilities after what we saw at the development camp. I haven't seen any of his games this year, so I have no clue why his production is so off. Maybe some posters that have seen him play can enlighten us.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Another small forward. He reminds me of Gally. Hopefully by the time he makes the NHL, the Habs address size up front and Bitten can excel by playing bigger guys on his line and he's sheltered a bit.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Another small forward. He reminds me of Gally. Hopefully by the time he makes the NHL, the Habs address size up front and Bitten can excel by playing bigger guys on his line and he's sheltered a bit.

Gally couldn't see the ice if he had binoculars though, Bitten on the other hand..

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal

Loving it!! Excited!

Next year's 2018 WJC Team Canada...Bitten and Mete, no? yes?
(maybe Mete can make Team Canada this year as #6-7dman?).

Gally couldn't see the ice if he had binoculars though, Bitten on the other hand..

Bitten has good vision (and hockey sense?)...better than Gallagher's vision? Great! The more I read about Bitten, the more excited I get!

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
6 pts in the last 4 games. Has had a really inconsistent season so far though. 12 games with 0 pts, 14 games with 20 pts. Only saw him once this year but was impressed, will be interesting to see how he does next year and if he can make Team Canada.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
6 pts in the last 4 games. Has had a really inconsistent season so far though. 12 games with 0 pts, 14 games with 20 pts. Only saw him once this year but was impressed, will be interesting to see how he does next year and if he can make Team Canada.

yeah both him and Sergachev's mediocre production definitely dampened my enthusiasm for our prospect pool a bit but I think both are too good to not pick it up eventually. Mitch Brown seems to think that Bitten's been playing well all year for the most part.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
yeah both him and Sergachev's mediocre production definitely dampened my enthusiasm for our prospect pool a bit but I think both are too good to not pick it up eventually. Mitch Brown seems to think that Bitten's been playing well all year for the most part.

I've been watching some of the Bulldogs game from last night. Bitten's first goal was sick, on the PP in front of the goalie with little to no room but he roofed it. The tv announcers said that it was a new looking PP. I'd be interested to know his TOI as he seems to be getting 3rd line minutes although I'm only watching here and there as I have some work to do before tomorrow.

edit : just saw his 2nd goal, 40 seconds or so left and he ties it up 3-3 but taking the puck to the net and then getting a lose rebound to shove it home.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
got to watch Bitten, been some time since I last saw him. Really impressed me tonight as I thought he was one of Hamilton's best players. He's got that speed that you want to see from undersized players but what I really liked was the effort, he appears to be a max effort type as he was all over the ice and while plus minus can be a terrible stat, in this case it speaks to how well he played as his team gave up 5 goals and he was a +2 on the night. He would have been a +3 if not for the empty net goal in the final 7 seconds. Very much looking forward to seeing how much he can progress next year and beyond.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
got to watch Bitten, been some time since I last saw him. Really impressed me tonight as I thought he was one of Hamilton's best players. He's got that speed that you want to see from undersized players but what I really liked was the effort, he appears to be a max effort type as he was all over the ice and while plus minus can be a terrible stat, in this case it speaks to how well he played as his team gave up 5 goals and he was a +2 on the night. He would have been a +3 if not for the empty net goal in the final 7 seconds. Very much looking forward to seeing how much he can progress next year and beyond.

Great info. From everything I'm reading here...it sounds like he has what it takes to (one day) be a solid playoff player for the Habs. I'm hoping more for B.Marchand potential vs Gallagher potential...since Gallagher doesn't have Bitten's speed. Really hope he makes Team Canada next year (and looking forward to watching him play in Laval at the end of next season or the one after that). Cheers for sharing info.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Great info. From everything I'm reading here...it sounds like he has what it takes to (one day) be a solid playoff player for the Habs. I'm hoping more for B.Marchand potential vs Gallagher potential...since Gallagher doesn't have Bitten's speed. Really hope he makes Team Canada next year (and looking forward to watching him play in Laval at the end of next season or the one after that). Cheers for sharing info.

correct Bitten is much quicker then Gallagher was at 18. But Gallagher made such huge strides in his strength, we'll have to see how much Bitten can fill out and get stronger. Certainly a lot to like, and he's got several years to work on things. Hope he does make Team Canada next year, would be great experience for him.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
correct Bitten is much quicker then Gallagher was at 18. But Gallagher made such huge strides in his strength, we'll have to see how much Bitten can fill out and get stronger. Certainly a lot to like, and he's got several years to work on things. Hope he does make Team Canada next year, would be great experience for him.

Bitten and Mete on Team Canada (next WJC)...really hoping for this!
They'll make Team Canada that much FASTER!

Will Bitten with a goal and an assist yesterday. Hamilton beat Peterborough Petes 7-4.

Thanks/cheers for update. Bitten/Mete/Sergachev/Juulsen/McCarron/Scherbak...lots to be excited about!

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
His defensive side must have improved this year as plus/minus is way better than last

He was on the worst team in the OHL last year. +/- is only okay to compare players on the same team with comparable minutes and match-ups, otherwise it's meaningless imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->