Prospect Info: William Bitten - 70th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015

Translation : Ottawa and Windsor offered more.

Sucks that he was close to playing with Sergachev or Addison for at least one season, but cause of incompetent management, he ends up on a worse team. Any other good players in HAM?

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec
Sucks that he was close to playing with Sergachev or Addison for at least one season, but cause of incompetent management, he ends up on a worse team. Any other good players in HAM?

didnt Matthew Strome is a good prospect for 2017 draft ?

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
If Ottawa and Windsor really did offer more, and Hamilton has an underwhelming season, I guess nothing blocks them from trading him at the deadline and getting a nice turnover in 6 months

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Another theory as to why he wasn't traded to Windsor or Ottawa : players involved all had NFC (that stands for No Flint Clause).

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
didnt Matthew Strome is a good prospect for 2017 draft ?

I actually didn't know any players playing for the Bulldogs before this trade. But yeah, Strome seems to be a top prospect for 2017, so that's good. Hopefully they both get to play together.

EDIT: Looked quickly at the roster and don't recognize any names a part from Strome.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Maybe, but... What's the point?
Bitten will be done with the OHL when Flint will be anything close from being a contender...

exactly. and we often see these trades happen inside their own division or conference in many CHL deals.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada

Cole Candella (defence drafted by Vancouver)
Ben Thomas (defence, thought he should have been drafted, but wasnt)
Matthew Strome (should be a first rounder this year)
Matt Luff (LA Kings prospect)

Strome - Bitten - Luff could be a fun line in the OHL.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Wish he was on the Spitfires or Knights, now sure why Flint didn't accept the better package. At least he can play with a top prospect in matthew strome.

InChuckWeTrust

Apr 18, 2016
Not sure how he'll be able to follow French courses in Hamilton, but... okay.

Plenty of options for French education. Think this is more about being able to be with family (rather than billet) as he will be able to live with his cousins this season.

Is Hamilton supposed to be any good this year?

2-0 this season, lots of 99's, could be a top 2 team in their division. They look promising.

So maybe the organization did know this deal was close when they sent him down.

After all, given Andaleur is a minority owner on the Habs, and owns the Bulldogs, they might have had some info.

It makes sense that Andaleur's connection with the Habs would have led to the BullDogs pursuing him.

However, the fact that they succeeded in getting him in spite of apparently better offers from other teams makes me wonder too.

Anyways, I'm glad to see that this has been resolved. He seems like a promising prospect.

I don't believe Andlauer is a minority owner anymore. It's my understanding he sold his stake back to the team as part of the sale of the AHL Bulldogs. The connection here is John Gruden (New Bulldogs coach) was Bitten's coach last season.

Strome, Luff, Petti on the forward side.. Ben Gleason, Cole Candella on the back end. They're a young team but they look really promising. Should be a very interesting season.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I didn't attend McMaster. (I did my graduate studies at another outstanding university, which I won't mention because it isn't relevant.) However, McMaster is respected for outstanding medical research.

nickd767

May 22, 2014
Ottawa
When you are happy about the trade....and then you realize who was traded back to Flint....and its your cousin Connor Hicks lol

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I actually didn't know any players playing for the Bulldogs before this trade. But yeah, Strome seems to be a top prospect for 2017, so that's good. Hopefully they both get to play together.

EDIT: Looked quickly at the roster and don't recognize any names a part from Strome.
The top Hamilton Bulldogs prospects going into the 2017 draft will be Mathew Strome and Mackenzie Entwistle. So far it sounds like both could go mid-late first round and either one could be drafted before the other.

InChuckWeTrust

Apr 18, 2016
The top Hamilton Bulldogs prospects going into the 2017 draft will be Mathew Strome and Mackenzie Entwistle. So far it sounds like both could go mid-late first round and either one could be drafted before the other.

I can definitely see Strome in the 1st round, but Entwistle? He would have to have a great year IMO. I think they both go within a 10-20 picks of each other though, for sure.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
When you are happy about the trade....and then you realize who was traded back to Flint....and its your cousin Connor Hicks lol

Random totally unrelated story but my friend's cousin was part of the trade that sent Seth Jones's rights to the Portland Winterhawks and he likes to joke that he was traded for Seth Jones.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
You're lucky to be able to go to university

You are right. I was lucky to go also. But we also need people that did not go but do very important jobs. Construction. Security. Electrical. Plumbing. People that keep this country going day by day.

People who do these jobs are as important to our society, and more so, than fancy lawyers or bankers.

But life is harder without a degree. That is true. It should not be but it is.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
You are right. I was lucky to go also. But we also need people that did not go but do very important jobs. Construction. Security. Electrical. Plumbing. People that keep this country going day by day.

People who do these jobs are as important to our society, and more so, than fancy lawyers or bankers.

But life is harder without a degree. That is true. It should not be but it is.

That's communist talk! :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->