Prospect Info: William Bitten - 70th overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
#70 William Bitten

#38 on our Draft List. Great pick.

William Bitten has the potential to be a top six centre in the NHL. He will need to continue to work on his game, and having a full season without any drama or coaching issues can only help his development going forward. He sometimes needs to town down the aggressiveness at times as it can lead to some bad penalties. Bitten plays a game that is similar to Brad Marchand, but without the extra-curriculars (chirping) that make Marchand such a hated player.

Bitten’s father is on record saying that there is “no way†his son will continue to play for a team owned by Nilsen, but its unclear if that stance has changed given the new sanctions put forward by the OHL. Whoever drafts him could also look to orchestrate their new prospect’s departure from the Firebirds, just as his NHL drafted teammates Alex Ndeljkovic and Josh Wesley did this year. This will be an issue to address for whoever takes Bitten in the NHL draft. No team would want a prospect being forced to develop in a potentially toxic environment.

Link: http://lastwordonsports.com/2016/05/05/will-bitten-scouting-report-2016-nhl-draft-38/

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts since I have no knowledge of this kid...seems to posses some nice offensive upside...

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
Great player for such a late pick ! Fell to us because of slight size issues. Could be a Gallagher. I’m very happy.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
GETTING TO KNOW WILLIAM...

The celebrity that always makes me laugh is: Jonah Hill
The app I spend way too much time on is: Snapchat
If I could be one person for a day it would be: Justin Bieber
One thing people don't usually know about me is: My first language is French
I dream of: Making the NHL

Well, at least he speaks French!

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...like the Bitten pick; kid's got a motor that seems to never stop and the drive to go to the net hard...his size really isn't an issue for me...nice job, Timmins...

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I always want top 6 offensive talent or top 4 defenseman and thus far with our picks we filled that.

Sergachev has top 2 talent and Bitten could develop as a 1st/2nd line center like Plekanec or Pavelski.

I love this pick!

coreyowned

Sep 28, 2008
He kind of reminds me of a Vincent Trochek. Both undersized, good speed and two-way ability. Both taken around the same area in the draft. Both can play wing or center. Both play with an extra spark and can play in any role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->