Will you go to or watch another NHL game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
Well there are a lot of people here and everywhere that say they'll never watch another game because everybody is so greedy, blahblahblah

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Schlep Rock said:
Well there are a lot of people here and everywhere that say they'll never watch another game because everybody is so greedy, blahblahblah

I don't think anybody who is never planning to watch another game is still spending time at Hockey's Future, but hey, who knows???

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Whoever votes 'no' isn't a hockey fan. if you are, well you're not anymore.

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
Whoever votes 'no' isn't a hockey fan. if you are, well you're not anymore.:dunce:

I didn't know that the NHL was the only place to get my hockey fix. I still play once a week and as we speak, I am watching the QMJHL on a webcast. Halifax is beating PEI 4-2 after 2 periods. Guess I'm not much of a hockey fan if I don't wish to be one of the NHL's whipping boys aka "fans"?

jratelle19

Jul 3, 2004
New York
PEI scores to make it 4-3 Halifax with 13:00 to go in the third.

Helluva game, definitely worth watching!

Ooops, forgot. I'm not a hockey fan.

Sorry. :dunno:

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Thing is, as soon as this whole thing is over everybody on these boards is going to go back to watching NHL hockey. Ok, I shouldn't speak for everybody here, but I'm sure 98% will go back to watching (don't quote me on that, Tie).

Pro-NHLPA guys will go back to supporting their teams and thus putting money into the owners' pockets, and pro-NHL guys will go back to rooting for the players, putting money in their pockets and idolizing them once again. As long as I can see competitive hockey at a decent price, I'm happy. If one side can make that happen, it's gravy. Correction: As long as the Habs win the Cup, I'm happy. Nothing's gonna change that because of some idiotic lockout. People are acting as if it's a shocking revelation that the owners and players are only after... *gasp* Money! Been that way for years, and I was a fan then too.

The problem is in the "casual fans" (if they even existed in the first place) not coming back. So while us NHL-followers will carry some grudge, either our feelings will die down over time or the people who they are directed at will be long gone in a few years. The casual fans, on the other hand, could care less.

likea

Jul 9, 2004
I actually feel the lockout is good for the sport in the long term....so I will def. support the NHL when they return

HeavyD

Feb 25, 2004
Yeah, ive basically come to terms with the lockout at this point. Although my team stands a lot to lose if the NHL isn't back for a couple years, I want to get these issues resolved. We need long term strategic planning, not the current myopia, so we dont have to worry about these work stoppages in the near future. I am not blaming my on ice team for the lockout, im blaming the off ice politics. Totally unrelated in my opinion.

mackdogs*

I'll watch the free games on tv and listen to my team online but it will be at least a couple of years before I will pay to see one live.

jacketracket*

I'm certainly not at the point of writing off the NHL. I've debated whether to re-up for season tickets, but I'd still go to games regardless.

I think both sides realize that there is a problem with the structure right now, and it needs fixing. And the pain is in the details.

If this became a running joke like MLB, where the league was experiencing labor stoppage issues every 5 years or so, then I'd probably lose faith. I'm hanging in, with the hope that they fix the problem long-term --- and if that means losing an entire season or more, so be it.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
You are asking a bunch of people who hang out on a hockey message board (some of us with thousands of posts) and ignore work/family for long periods of time if we will watch hockey when it comes back?

Tough one.....

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Schlep Rock said:
Simple question, simple answer.
yes - but what i would like to see -

one ref
no institgator rule
no salary cap
penalty for trapping - like zone defense in basketball
no ties - no points awarded for anything that looks like a tie
call the ****ing rule book - no stick work or obstruction of any kind during transitions
goalies can handle the puck anywhere - but are free game -
no farting with the width of the blue line
four on four during off setting penalties
no red line -
no touch icing that can be waved off
wayne gretzky for commish - ( just a dream )

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
At this point, I most certainly would. If the league is out 2-3 years, and I hardly recognize anyone, hmmm yeah, I'd guess I'd probably still go to a game.... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->