Will we see a successful alternative league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
kurt said:
Am I speaking Greek? I said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm strictly talking about an environment where no NHL exists. Pretend there's no Colorado Avalanche to offer the competing salary.

With the established NHL in operation, already having the rights to the best players in the world, a rival league would be virtually impossible to oust from being the premiere hockey league. However, with NO NHL HOCKEY ON THE HORIZON, a lot changes. All the greatest players are available, and looking for some way to mitigate their losses from the labour dispute.

I think you're speaking martian if you want to discuss a world with no NHL. The NHL is a goner this year and maybe next year as well, but it will not disappear from the face of the earth. And when it does return, it will continue to provide the world's best players with the world's best compensation and benefits.
Now, if you're talking about this Super League as a 1-2 year event in the absence of the NHL, well, then, that's equally unlikely. The startup costs of such a venture would be so great that there would be great difficulty finding serious investors to get involved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad