Will we be able to read the CBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
So the PA says that the new CBA will be released to the media once it's been ratified, so they can read up on it and become familiar with it. Question: Will the fans be able to get a copy of the CBA too?

I ask because an eventual career goal for me is something in the business side of hockey, and I know that this agreement is something I should get to know well, and also the sports-business geek in me wants to see if I can put myself through 500+ pages of dry legalese without lapsing into a coma.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
I'd be shcoked if its not availabe in some form. I already stocked up on ink and paper, hopefully I'll have it read by Sunday.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
hockeytown9321 said:
I'd be shcoked if its not availabe in some form. I already stocked up on ink and paper, hopefully I'll have it read by Sunday.

It's pointless to read unless you have some kind of profressional or educational interest. It's over 700 pages I heard a lot of that is going to be a bunch of stuff that isn't even worth reading. There will be so much verbiage that your time will be better spent watching your hair grow.

Rails

Mar 30, 2003
LBurg and FBurg, VA
Visit site
go kim johnsson said:
It's pointless to read unless you have some kind of profressional or educational interest. It's over 700 pages I heard a lot of that is going to be a bunch of stuff that isn't even worth reading. There will be so much verbiage that your time will be better spent watching your hair grow.
Agreed, the only think worth reading would be the exhibit of player contracts. That explains how salaries are paid, things that can cause a player to lose money (injuries and the like) and in this CBA, it will probably cover loopholes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad