• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
So I'm curious...when they play bad it's the players not executing, but when they show up it's proof the coach is doing great job?
It seems most people are blaming Trotz when things aren't going well. Trotz gets shat on even when we win

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So I'm curious...when they play bad it's the players not executing, but when they show up it's proof the coach is doing great job?

Nothing to be curious about. They executed, they won. Really doesn’t get a lot more simple. Not worthy of more than a pat on the back for Trotz or anyone else for doing their job well last night.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Any euro coaches a possibility? With a roster depending on them, maybe someone who's coached overseas, would be better suited for who we have, and how they like to play? And if no one is qualified/available, cross it off the list. Then look towards college, then the minors, then assistants around the league who might be a good fit. Process of elimination and simplifies the task at hand.
I always thought Keenan would be good for this team, albeit for a short period.

Has a Euro COACH ever come here and been successful in the NHL, mid-season to boot?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It seems most people are blaming Trotz when things aren't going well. Trotz gets shat on even when we win

Most Caps fans are done with Trotz mentally. The next guy won’t do any better in the post season with this roster so it doesn’t matter to me honestly. Fire him or let him ride it out...the only plausible goal IMO for the season is simply a playoff appearance.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Has a Euro COACH ever come here and been successful in the NHL, mid-season to boot?
Off the top of my head, nobody. Call it wishful thinking, or grasping at straws, I suppose that's why I had asked if any were available. At least it's worth considering, and if not, at least it helps the organization narrow it's search by process of elimination. I still maintain the belief that the best coach is one that's best suited for the roster and how they play. NHL assistants might be worthy of consideration, depending on who's available, but if I knew I wasn't gonna bring back Trotz, the smart thing would be to have some sort of plan. And to think ahead, and plan accordingly.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Most Caps fans are done with Trotz mentally. The next guy won’t do any better in the post season with this roster so it doesn’t matter to me honestly. Fire him or let him ride it out...the only plausible goal IMO for the season is simply a playoff appearance.

We're not going to win the Cup this year barring a miracle or if we could bring 2008 Ovi to the Caps with a time machine.

Let's just try to make the playoffs and we'll see what happens then.

Sep 19, 2008
So yeah after the fire trotz bandwagon gained a lot of steam that won threw straight, the last two over some pretty good teams. I hate to keep bringing this up but I'm compelled to because of the hypocrisy going on. Nobody wants him fires now but lose a single game and the outrage will pop up again.

Folks it's an 82 game season plus change. Teams go through cold streaks. The caps aren't immune to that.

My theory is that we just got so used and entitled to regular season success that one or two losses seems so abnormal from what we've seen the last two years. How else can you explain the fanbase melting down over a brief cold stretch? It's a long season and there's bound to be tough periods. Doesn't mean anyone should be fired yet. It's much top early for that.

Reactions: ovikovy817

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So yeah after the fire trotz bandwagon gained a lot of steam that won threw straight, the last two over some pretty good teams. I hate to keep bringing this up but I'm compelled to because of the hypocrisy going on. Nobody wants him fires now but lose a single game and the outrage will pop up again.

Folks it's an 82 game season plus change. Teams go through cold streaks. The caps aren't immune to that.

My theory is that we just got so used and entitled to regular season success that one or two losses seems so abnormal from what we've seen the last two years. How else can you explain the fanbase melting down over a brief cold stretch? It's a long season and there's bound to be tough periods. Doesn't mean anyone should be fired yet. It's much top early for that.

Blame the fans, eh? Even though you've been shown the stats.

Look at this tweet:

The only credit I'm giving Trotz here is these leaders felt some kind of duty to right the ship. If he can maintain that respect and the leaders can step up and manage the team then there is no reason to fire him.

But give credit and blame where they are due. The fans SAW there was something wrong. The coach and players saw there was something wrong. It was not a matter of hypocritical fans acting stupid. The locker room leaders stepped up and saved Trotz's job this week. For now.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

See my post to you in the Toronto game thread. You are just as bad as the people you are accusing.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Blame the fans, eh? Even though you've been shown the stats.

Look at this tweet:

The only credit I'm giving Trotz here is these leaders felt some kind of duty to right the ship. If he can maintain that respect and the leaders can step up and manage the team then there is no reason to fire him.

But give credit and blame where they are due. The fans SAW there was something wrong. The coach and players saw there was something wrong. It was not a matter of hypocritical fans acting stupid. The locker room leaders stepped up and saved Trotz's job this week. For now.

I think you guys are out of control with this whole fire Trotz thing. I doubt they renew Trotz after this season but I don't think he is doing a bad job. Everyone is expecting miracles with this team.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think you guys are out of control with this whole fire Trotz thing. I doubt they renew Trotz after this season but I don't think he is doing a bad job. Everyone is expecting miracles with this team.

I am not expecting any miracles, but the fact is that the Caps were a .500 team just a week ago. This was unacceptable. Good thing Trotz seems to have turned the ship around.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I am not expecting any miracles, but the fact is that the Caps were a .500 team just a week ago. This was unacceptable. Good thing Trotz seems to have turned the ship around.
I think people expectations for this team are too high. Losing a few players and adding a few youngsters and new faces, I expected a slow start. With some key injuries I'm surprised we are doing as well as we are. I don't blame our slow start on Trotz at all. This team is a work in progress. Its going to take a bit if time.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I think people expectations for this team are too high. Losing a few players and adding a few youngsters and new faces, I expected a slow start. With some key injuries I'm surprised we are doing as well as we are. I don't blame our slow start on Trotz at all. This team is a work in progress. Its going to take a bit if time.

I don't expect to win the Stanley Cup this year, but I expected to win it the two years before. Trotz and the players fell short both times. I still expect us to be a playoff team, even with all the new faces, because that's how the roster was built. GMBM signed Kuznetsov and Oshie to 8 year deals, so in a way, the expectation inside the locker room is still to win. The organization still wants to at least try to be a contender again. We both know that's not going to happen but I'd say our expectations aren't too high based on the management's expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->