NHL Entry Draft Will top 3 pick be ruined in this system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunadio

Feb 8, 2006
I was very curious on peoples thoughts with the draft selection possible top 3 pick going to us. These 3 pick are all projected to be NHL ready which is usually accurate. Do you's think we will ruin this player?. I would suspect from what everybody says Boucher will not give prospects a lot of chance in this system .
I have a few questions if you research guys can take this away ? do high end draft picks usually get top assignments and succeed that way ?. I am not sure at all just an opinion but wallowing away with are 4th line at 4 to 10 minutes a game which i think will happen will turn this pick into another bust .
Our draft picks seem to take so long to develop. I know we haven't had a lot of these top picks offensive minded players usually we always pick 2 way or defense .I am hopeful we can have a top 3 pick offensive guy who could compete for rookie of the year .And i hope our coach will let him try .

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I think Boucher has lost some bargaining power with Dorion after this year. If we draft a Svechnikov or a Zadina and they can play immediately, I'm sure Dorion will make it known that these guys need ice time to develop. I wouldn't be overly worried. If we draft one of those guys and they're playing 6 mins a game on the 4th line and the team isn't winning next year I don't think Boucher will last long.

lunadio

Feb 8, 2006
I think Boucher has lost some bargaining power with Dorion after this year. If we draft a Svechnikov or a Zadina and they can play immediately, I'm sure Dorion will make it known that these guys need ice time to develop. I wouldn't be overly worried. If we draft one of those guys and they're playing 6 mins a game on the 4th line and the team isn't winning next year I don't think Boucher will last long.
Do you know formula for say rookie of the year talent do they get top minutes ? i was wondering how these top rookies had the best chance for winning award?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Any 18-year-old blueliner can be ruined by playing in the NHL under any system. If we do get Dahlin, the kid needs to be well insulated. And fans need a ton of patience. I haven't seen a lot of the kid, but I figure he'll likely have a Jones-like first few years. Anyone expecting him to walk into the lineup and be a savior or impact player right away will be disappointed.

Reactions: Cosmix and ZekeA

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
If Boucher is still coach next year, we've got bigger problems.
I don't know for sure about that. It may force the players to focus, or re-focus , on playing how he wants them to play.

This whole "they figured his system out", which is as a conventional system there is, is a laughable argument that only attempts to cover up players who are not committed or doing their job.

In some ways I'm hoping he is back for management to prove a point. Enough is enough with these coach killers.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If Melnyk is still the owner at the draft, we will not be taking Andrei Svechnikov. If we move Hoffman, then I could see Tkachuk or Zadina sliding in. Dahlin would be on the team right away. In fact, if we get awarded 1st, expect to see Ceci traded. Everyone else will have to prove themselves and even then may only get a few game trials, like Formenton.

Reactions: BuckyDornster

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
If Melnyk is still the owner at the draft, we will not be taking Andrei Svechnikov. If we move Hoffman, then I could see Tkachuk or Zadina sliding in. Dahlin would be on the team right away. In fact, if we get awarded 1st, expect to see Ceci traded. Everyone else will have to prove themselves and even then may only get a few game trials, like Formenton.
I don't know how many times I'm going to have to tell you guys that just because Svechnikov is Russian doesn't mean were going to skip over him. Probably the dumbest thing that keeps getting brought up on this board.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I don't know how many times I'm going to have to tell you guys that just because Svechnikov is Russian doesn't mean were going to skip over him. Probably the dumbest thing that keeps getting brought up on this board.

We have not drafted a Russian since Ruslan Bashkirov in 2007.
It isn't "dumbest thing", it's reality. This team does not draft Russians. They overwhelmingly draft Canadians, Americans, occasionally Swedes and Finns and have for a good 10 years or so now. We will not be drafting Svechnikov. We will draft a North American or a Swede.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
We have not drafted a Russian since Ruslan Bashkirov in 2007.
It isn't "dumbest thing", it's reality. This team does not draft Russians. They overwhelmingly draft Canadians, Americans, occasionally Swedes and Finns and have for a good 10 years or so now. We will not be drafting Svechnikov. We will draft a North American or a Swede.
We don't draft Russians because we don't have scouts there and the uncertainty of them coming to north America. He plays in the chl so we know he's committed to the NHL & that we can scput him in Barrie. Open your eyes and use your critical thinking skills

Reactions: The Lewler

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
In either the last draft or the draft before that, wasn't there a Russian that the Sens were interested in, but got picked before the Sens even had a chance to draft him?

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Russia’s actions ‘right out of Hitler’s playbook’: Senators’ owner Eugene Melnyk
Ruined: Eugene Melnyk's attempt at helping Ukraine demonstrators
NgnKZ

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
Senators don't have scouts in Russia, budget thing. They have shown interest in CHL Russians in the past, Kulikov, Burmistrov, Sergachev... they wouldn't shy away from Svechnikov.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Senators don't have scouts in Russia, budget thing. They have shown interest in CHL Russians in the past, Kulikov, Burmistrov, Sergachev... they wouldn't shy away from Svechnikov.
thank god someone has some sense

can't believe people actually believe we wouldn't use our first rounder on a russian kid who came to canada to pursue NHL hockey lmao

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Maybe it's just me, but it feels like the quality (and quantity) of kids coming out of Russia has dropped a lot over the last decade. Hard to draft a kid from the area when the country isn't producing that many.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I don't know for sure about that. It may force the players to focus, or re-focus , on playing how he wants them to play.

This whole "they figured his system out", which is as a conventional system there is, is a laughable argument that only attempts to cover up players who are not committed or doing their job.

In some ways I'm hoping he is back for management to prove a point. Enough is enough with these coach killers.

That's a very dangerous game to play if you're management. I'm expecting the players in their exit interviews to criticize Boucher because they see what we see, a coach that has a tough time adapting his system and instead juggles the lines to compensate. Regarding this thread I don't think he would ruin a top 3 pick but we also probably wouldn't be having Calder discussions based on limited playing time, which Boucher is known to do. I don't know how management could turn to Boucher and give him the go ahead for another year.

If he is brought back and it goes against the grain of what the players think of him, it will have repercussions going forward and the outlook for next season won't look as bright.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->