Will this be Anderson's off year?

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Need significantly better goaltending if we want to make the playoffs. A .896 save% wont cut it.

Ive said it before, but Anderson is slowing down since last year.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
See, this is why it was smart to get that extension in as soon as possible. At his age, i only see him getting better, too.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
See, this is why it was smart to get that extension in as soon as possible. At his age, i only see him getting better, too.

That extension was very ill-advised. Why lock up a guy’s age-37 and 38 seasons before you know how he does at 36? Even with a quality season, was he going to get much more than 2/9.5 on the market?

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
That extension was very ill-advised. Why lock up a guy’s age-37 and 38 seasons before you know how he does at 36? Even with a quality season, was he going to get much more than 2/9.5 on the market?
Management's expectation that he'll perform similarly (for three straight years as the contract was an extension). And rewarding loyalty in getting the contract done quickly.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Anderson-struggles.png

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I’m guessing he’s not going to be much better next year of the year after. I’m not sure how much of this is age, but getting older is not going to help.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hopefully we have new ownership soon, because this club is going to have to get over its allergy to buying out contracts and retaining salary in trades. It's becoming more and more difficult to imagine Anderson as anything other than a highly paid backup next year, and by 2019 they'll have to either buy him out or retain salary in a trade.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I’m guessing he’s not going to be much better next year of the year after. I’m not sure how much of this is age, but getting older is not going to help.

He started his career later though so you would think he could have more left in the tank than a lot of other starters. Kinda like how Tim Thomas was able to play stellar until his late 30's.

I don't know if this stat matters or not or tells us anything at all but our HDCF% is 25th in the league this season, but behind us are Yotes-Sabres-Canucks-Kings-Ducks-Capitals so I don't know. Andersons high danger save pct % is pretty bad this season as well.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He started his career later though so you would think he could have more left in the tank than a lot of other starters. Kinda like how Tim Thomas was able to play stellar until his late 30's.

I don't know if this stat matters or not or tells us anything at all but our HDCF% is 25th in the league this season, but behind us are Yotes-Sabres-Canucks-Kings-Ducks-Capitals so I don't know. Andersons high danger save pct % is pretty bad this season as well.
I don't think starting your career later has any benefit to it at all. Tim Thomas could of been in the league earlier is about all you can gain from that. Average goalies look good behind a really good team. Anderson needed to be in the right situation to flourish. It's as simple as that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad