will taxi squad players get medals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Not unless they play... or at least that's what was said when the taxi squad concept was released.

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
What about players who play, but then get injured and have to be replaced? (like Hasek, Elias, Frolov, and Ohlund).

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
I would guess yes since they were on the team, and especially given that they each saw some game action.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Yeah, I was wondering if everyone who sees game action gets medals myself. I'd heard they have a limited number.....

albertGQ

Jul 1, 2005
Calgary
I would assume taxi squad members would not get medals as they would not be suited up. I remember in 2002 Belfour dressed up as the back up to Brodeur against the Germans so that if/when Canada won gold, he would get a medal as well. So if Belfour wouldn't have gotten a medal even though he was on the real team, I would say the taxi squad members get no medals

FYI: Coaches don't get medals either. Quinn, Gretzky, and company only got the gold medal rings from Hockey Canada

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Staal is getting an Order of Canada Medal for not calling out Gretzky & Company for leaving him off the team.

Zaddik

Crosbyfan said:
Staal is getting an Order of Canada Medal for not calling out Gretzky & Company for leaving him off the team.

hahahaha oh my that was mean :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad